+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card (New/Renewal) Processing Timeline 2021

iBarjar

Star Member
Jul 17, 2019
Do you guys know if I can travel outside Canada with my visitor permit? The one I have is still valid until 2024
I’m still waiting for PR card but I have to travel in December and to be honest I don’t think I will get the card before that
You can send another application through URGENT process at least 3 weeks prior to your scheduled departure.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/new-immigrants/pr-card/apply-renew-replace/urgent.html

iBarjar

Star Member
Jul 17, 2019
On my COPR it shows my representative's address, will they send PR card to representative's address ?
submitted photos and copr in april, ( montreal )
Yes. It will be sent to the address in the CoPR. All my cards were sent to my representative's address.

Reactions: yoyoyo1

prab0

Star Member
Sep 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-01-2016
Application Status: Complete
Application Received: 8th April 2021
AOR-29th July 2021
DM-29July 2021
Card mailed: August 10 2021

Only problem is they have my two years old address on the file, i dont know how they got it. i sent them webform with my latest address but they did not change my address so i believe they have mailed my card on the old address. This is blunder, i dont know who lives on that address now.

Just to confirm , Guys address shown on the ECAS page as soon as we get in, is the address they will send our PR card to.

Last edited:

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Application Status: Complete
Application Received: 8th April 2021
AOR-29th July 2021
DM-29July 2021
Card mailed: August 10 2021

Only problem is they have my two years old address on the file, i dont know how they got it. i sent them webform with my latest address but they did not change my address so i believe they have mailed my card on the old address. This is blunder, i dont know who lives on that address now.

Just to confirm , Guys address shown on the ECAS page as soon as we get in, is the address they will send our PR card to.
I think they will send it to mailing address you provided on your application, otherwise why they would ask for it in the application

Reactions: BadGamer6

BadGamer6

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2019
Toronto
They used to allow you to update your address on ecas instantly. Nowadays they seem to have made updating the address a little more complicated by contacting them
Really? I just checked my old citizenship application, I still see the update address button there. I've used it once during my application and it was updated in less than a week.

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Really? I just checked my old citizenship application, I still see the update address button there. I've used it once during my application and it was updated in less than a week.
Me too, I updated my address last year using the update option on ecas, and it was updated instantly I remember. The update button is there, but from what I read in these forums, the update doesn't happen anymore, and applicants are contacting them to make the update. I am not sure why though if you could update it online :rolleyes:

BadGamer6

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2019
Toronto
Me too, I updated my address last year using the update option on ecas, and it was updated instantly I remember. The update button is there, but from what I read in these forums, the update doesn't happen anymore, and applicants are contacting them to make the update. I am not sure why though if you could update it online :rolleyes:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/change-address.html

That's odd, cause apparently on IRCC's website they said only to use the webform when the address change is not working. Hmm... interesting.

Reactions: CaBeaver

Shreenath2014

Star Member
Mar 7, 2015
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-09-2014
Med's Request
28-03-2014
Med's Done....
20-04-2014
Passport Req..
June 1, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
June 23, 2015
LANDED..........
In March 2016
Hello Everyone,

This thread is really informative, thank you !

I applied for PR card renwal for my wife, kid and myself. Canada post status says it's delivered. I have made an URGENT application. And have attached my Employer's recommendation for urgent renewal, my airtickets - payment for airtickets, reasons for urgency (Business confernece) payment of conference fees etc. - I work for a public research institution in Canada (college/university).

I am aware that present PR processing timeline is 109 days and may be more than that as the time passes by.

Can someone please enlighten me about:

Processing time for URGENT applications?
What are stages of approval and acronyms that are being used here?
Should I really expect that IRCC will process my application urgently?

Thanks,

Shreenath.

Here're my timelines.
Application(Urgent) Mailed to Sydney NS : July 29 - via Canada post Express mail
Application Recd. : August 6
AOR: August 11
DM: Pending
Card mailed : Pending.

Hopefully I get my cards by last week Aug (fingers crossed!!) .
If anyone needs helps with Urgent processing, will be happy to help.

Last edited:

ptntlyw8n

Jul 9, 2021
Here're my timelines.
Application(Urgent) Mailed to Sydney NS : July 29 - via Canada post Express mail

This is great news, congratulations! I’m glad things have worked out for you, and fairly quickly it seems!

suketu210

Nov 14, 2018
Here're my timelines.

I have applied for renewal for my mother’s PR card .( not urgent, just regular)
App received: may 25th 2021
No aor yet.

She will have to travel to back home in mid October.
if I don’t have anything till mid September, then can I apply for urgent ? Is one month window is good or need to get little well in advance?

Reactions: BadGamer6