20-04-2014
Passport Req..
June 1, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
June 23, 2015
LANDED..........
In March 2016
Hello Everyone,

This thread is really informative, thank you !

I applied for PR card renwal for my wife, kid and myself. Canada post status says it's delivered. I have made an URGENT application. And have attached my Employer's recommendation for urgent renewal, my airtickets - payment for airtickets, reasons for urgency (Business confernece) payment of conference fees etc. - I work for a public research institution in Canada (college/university).

I am aware that present PR processing timeline is 109 days and may be more than that as the time passes by.

Can someone please enlighten me about:

Processing time for URGENT applications?
What are stages of approval and acronyms that are being used here?
Should I really expect that IRCC will process my application urgently?

Thanks,

Shreenath.

SheikhAhmed

Star Member
Jun 15, 2021
Hello Everyone,

This thread is really informative, thank you !

I applied for PR card renwal for my wife, kid and myself. Canada post status says it's delivered. I have made an URGENT application. And have attached my Employer's recommendation for urgent renewal, my airtickets - payment for airtickets, reasons for urgency (Business confernece) payment of conference fees etc. - I work for a public research institution in Canada (college/university).

I am aware that present PR processing timeline is 109 days and may be more than that as the time passes by.

Can someone please enlighten me about:

Processing time for URGENT applications?
What are stages of approval and acronyms that are being used here?
Should I really expect that IRCC will process my application urgently?

Thanks,

Shreenath.
By what I know through my research they will open it how it is queued in line as in it won’t give you a pass over those who’s applications are on front of yours however when they open it they will process it urgently as in rather than the 15-20 day wait for regular people here they might process it faster. When they will open your application and if it is complete then they will send you Acknowledgment of receipient (also known as AOR) this way you will know they have received your application and they have started processing it, next day after the aor usually you can use their client application status portal (knows as ECAS) and use your uci to check where your application status stands, it maybe in process or decision made (dm) which usually means approval if you meet your RO and then after dm it goes to complete when they print your card and mail it to you. For most people here after aor it takes between 10-25 days to their cards being mailed but since yours is urgent it maybe faster

Reactions: Shreenath2014

BadGamer6

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2019
Toronto
By what I know through my research they will open it how it is queued in line as in it won’t give you a pass over those who’s applications are on front of yours however when they open it they will process it urgently as in rather than the 15-20 day wait for regular people here they might process it faster. When they will open your application and if it is complete then they will send you Acknowledgment of receipient (also known as AOR) this way you will know they have received your application and they have started processing it, next day after the aor usually you can use their client application status portal (knows as ECAS) and use your uci to check where your application status stands, it maybe in process or decision made (dm) which usually means approval if you meet your RO and then after dm it goes to complete when they print your card and mail it to you. For most people here after aor it takes between 10-25 days to their cards being mailed but since yours is urgent it maybe faster
I don’t agree with this. Urgent processing is dealt with urgency, otherwise it would not be called urgent processing. When they receive your application, they will open your file and see if it meets the urgent category, if it does it will be processed in a very fast speed. There’s no timeline to this but from what I’ve seen from here and elsewhere, if an urgent processing request is accepted and everything goes well during the process, it takes around 7-10 days to have it mailed out. However it all depends on how busy Sydney is and how complicate your application might be. Good luck!

kajol234

Oct 15, 2013
Hey there I submitted my PR card renewal application by mail on June 2021. I checked for the status of my application online and no information found. Any idea what's going on?

BadGamer6

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2019
Toronto
Hey there I submitted my PR card renewal application by mail on June 2021. I checked for the status of my application online and no information found. Any idea what's going on?
It’s too early for you to hear anything. Backlog is huge. You can expect something by mid October based on the current timeline if not later.

Reactions: kajol234
Oct 22, 2020
Hi All, can someone please reply to my if they have experience with same as i am totally frustrated and don`t know how to think anymore.
My application and spouse has been in process since June 30;
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on June 25, 2021.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on June 30, 2021.
  3. We started processing your application on June 30, 2021
But on the other hand my two kids went directly to decision made in same day this is not the issue my son is still in decision made since July 19th but my daughter application has been completed and received her PR card today.
Is this right?? are they completely processing applications randomly?
Also what is the longest time for application to go from in process to decision made as we believe our application is straight forward as we only travelled once within the last 4 years and was less than 60 days so no issue with eligibility;

Son Application:
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on July 15, 2021.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on July 19, 2021.
  3. We started processing your application on July 19, 2021.
Daughter:
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on July 15, 2021.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on July 19, 2021.
  3. We started processing your application on July 19, 2021.
  4. Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on August 2, 2021.

kpboss

Aug 6, 2021
Hi All

Here is the timeline for my mom's PR Card renewal, hope some will find it helpful.

Application sent via Canada Post: April 13th 2021
Application received : April 15th 2021
Receipt Acknowledgment via email: Aug 4th 2021
Application Processing (in the portal) : Aug 4th 2021
Decision Made (in the portal): Aug 6th 2021
PR received: Still pending

Between April 15th and Aug 4th there were no updates/acknowledgment from CIC, tried getting updates via call centre or online form but no body was able to give us any information. We were stressed thinking that the application is lost and we might have to submit another one. Application receipt acknowledgement was only confirmed after 4 months. CIC doesn't provide until the application is received in their system.

As everyone knows, the process is taking longer than before as they are backlogged, so please be patient and trust if you sent via trackable courier, it has been received by CIC

maplezone

Mar 2, 2015
Hi everyone, As per Canada Post my PR Card renewal application was delivered to CPC by the end of May 2021 and until now I haven't got any update. Not even a single email from them. The only update I have is from Canada post that my package was delivered.

When I applied, I remember the processing time for a pr card renewal was around 60-70 days and it's already more than 60 days since my application was delivered and NO UPDATES AT ALL. Secondly, I have tried to call IRCC countless times to check the status of my application, but the answering machine always say that all the agents are busy and cannot attend my call.

Could someone please tell me if this is NORMAL? Or I should do something about it? Please advice!

BadGamer6

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2019
Toronto
Hi everyone, As per Canada Post my PR Card renewal application was delivered to CPC by the end of May 2021 and until now I haven't got any update. Not even a single email from them. The only update I have is from Canada post that my package was delivered.

When I applied, I remember the processing time for a pr card renewal was around 60-70 days and it's already more than 60 days since my application was delivered and NO UPDATES AT ALL. Secondly, I have tried to call IRCC countless times to check the status of my application, but the answering machine always say that all the agents are busy and cannot attend my call.

Could someone please tell me if this is NORMAL? Or I should do something about it? Please advice!
This is very normal. The processing is still around early April at this time (based on this thread). You can expect your AOR by September or October if not later.

BadGamer6

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2019
Toronto
Hi All

Here is the timeline for my mom's PR Card renewal, hope some will find it helpful.

Between April 15th and Aug 4th there were no updates/acknowledgment from CIC, tried getting updates via call centre or online form but no body was able to give us any information. We were stressed thinking that the application is lost and we might have to submit another one. Application receipt acknowledgement was only confirmed after 4 months. CIC doesn't provide until the application is received in their system.

As everyone knows, the process is taking longer than before as they are backlogged, so please be patient and trust if you sent via trackable courier, it has been received by CIC
Thanks for sharing. This is some good news for some - it seems Sydney is now into the Mid-April applications. Those who applied later than that can expect something soon. Maybe this is a good sign that they are now speeding up things. You should get your PR card soon given you are already at DM now. Congrats again.

SheikhAhmed

Star Member
Jun 15, 2021
Hi All

I received aor for 3 of my applications on 3rd august but all of them are still in process. Weird :/

Amer8796

Jul 22, 2021
Hello
Any updates from April applicants? Im crossing my 4 month tomorrow.. Still nothin from Montreal office

shahkunalm

Jan 19, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-12-2015
Nomination.....
18-12-2015
AOR Received.
08-01-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
12-01-2016
Passport Req..
20-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-06-2016
Thanks for sharing. This is some good news for some - it seems Sydney is now into the Mid-April applications. Those who applied later than that can expect something soon. Maybe this is a good sign that they are now speeding up things. You should get your PR card soon given you are already at DM now. Congrats again.
I sent my application on April 14, and as per Canada Post delivered on April 19, hope to get update soon..

SheikhAhmed

Star Member
Jun 15, 2021
Does anybody know if ircc calls you to ask any type of questions while processing your renewal application? Because the numbers I provided are not working rn if they were to call

BadGamer6

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2019
Toronto
Does anybody know if ircc calls you to ask any type of questions while processing your renewal application? Because the numbers I provided are not working rn if they were to call
Haven’t heard that happened. If they want more documents they most likely will email you.