+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card (New/Renewal) Processing Timeline 2021

Thaisasp

Star Member
Dec 30, 2020
No one has heard from Montreal since mid February. There is a sad mailing room there filled with unopened envelopes with pictures of all of us in it lol.

Get in touch with your MP, send webform, call. It's time to make them move again.
This is insane. We should do something

brightwalia

Jul 1, 2021
Copr -23 march
Pr card reached at winnipeg office- 29 march
Till now no update…
Anyone from winnipeg here who has an update
Please and thank you

alexander_Schwartz

Apr 17, 2014
This country has become a living hell for most PR card holders and citizenship applicants, no wonder many people choose to leave the country once citizenship is granted.
I want to start off by saying that I have been following this timeline for a while now and I appreciate the frustration that everyone is having regarding their PR Card renewal applications and the delays/intransparency of IRCC regarding the delays due to COVID-19. However, saying that I find it interesting that you are saying that Canada is a "living hell". How so? Is it the freedoms and opportunities that Canada offers that are bothersome or is it just that your application for a PR Card is taking longer than normal?

We have all chosen to come to Canada as it is a country that offers many opportunities and freedoms that are not available in many of our countries. Furthermore, Canada is a country that has opened itself to all of us, allowing us to come here and make a better life for ourselves (and children if applicable). There is no intrinsic de juris entitlement for us to be here. We chose to come here and through our application, were chosen to be able to live in this country. Canada owes us nothing. It is these type of feelings of entitlement that give way to people not wanting immigration as they feel people come here and "expect" everything and then leave once they get citizenship only to demand the help of the Canadian government when things go bad in other countries.

darwin110

Jul 31, 2021
I want to start off by saying that I have been following this timeline for a while now and I appreciate the frustration that everyone is having regarding their PR Card renewal applications and the delays/intransparency of IRCC regarding the delays due to COVID-19. However, saying that I find it interesting that you are saying that Canada is a "living hell". How so? Is it the freedoms and opportunities that Canada offers that are bothersome or is it just that your application for a PR Card is taking longer than normal?

We have all chosen to come to Canada as it is a country that offers many opportunities and freedoms that are not available in many of our countries. Furthermore, Canada is a country that has opened itself to all of us, allowing us to come here and make a better life for ourselves (and children if applicable). There is no intrinsic de juris entitlement for us to be here. We chose to come here and through our application, were chosen to be able to live in this country. Canada owes us nothing. It is these type of feelings of entitlement that give way to people not wanting immigration as they feel people come here and "expect" everything and then leave once they get citizenship only to demand the help of the Canadian government when things go bad in other countries.
I guess there are all pros and cons in every country, I think some people are frustrating over the process of getting paper works done. Everything has changes and delay since covid start, I am sure things were run smoothly before this. I live in Canada for over 15 years and never have issue with the paper process. Again things don't go at normal since covid started.

Reactions: VUPtoYOW

Thiru66

Jul 29, 2021
I think both of you will hear something soon. It seems like those that are received between Apr 3 to Apr 9 are now receiving AORs. And as always, today's Tuesday so we'll see an update on IRCC's website for the new processing time as well.
I have an update
Received AOR today - Aug 5
(3 emails for each)
PR renewal application (3 in a single envelope) dated April 9.
Hopefully everything will be fine.

Buckets

Nov 8, 2019
Is it possible to track the progress? I mailed my copr and photos almost 10 days ago , and I was wondering if I’ll receive an email confirming that ircc received my mail and is processing my request for first card?