+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card (New/Renewal) Processing Timeline 2021

darwin110

Jul 31, 2021
Hello all

Any advice on my wife's case? She was already in Canada as a visitor at the time of the approval of her Family Class application for a Spouse visa. The decision was made and she was granted Permanent Residence via a letter from IRCC confirming this. However that was on March 10, 2021, almost 5 months ago.

Still haven't received her PR card which means she can't travel outside the country. Have tried calling/submitting Web Forms to IRCC numerous times. Each time we are told that the office has everything they need for now and will get in touch if anything else is required. No word on when we will get the PR card.

Really beginning to get worried as her parents are unwell and she would like to visit them back home, and this is also straining our young marriage. We don't meet criteria for urgent processing. I have heard of outland applicants landing in Canada since the reopenings in the country who have received their PR cards on time, but no luck in our case.

Any tips?

Thanks!

Hello, I have the same case as you. My wife became permanent resident on May 21 and submit for PR Card on May 26. We just got PR Card in the mail today. This is Ottawa office.

Trailblazer89

Feb 17, 2019
Hello, I have the same case as you. My wife became permanent resident on May 21 and submit for PR Card on May 26. We just got PR Card in the mail today. This is Ottawa office.

Congratulations to you and your wife.

Mine is Etobicoke office, but unfortunately no response from them.

Did you receive AOR when you submitted photos for PR card? I don't know if new applicants for PR who are in land get AOR or not.

In my case, no AOR has been received so far. The last update we have is from March 10 which is a letter stating she is now a PR but asked for photos which we did on March 27.

BadGamer6

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2019
Toronto
It's Tuesday again so processing time has been updated:
PR Card Renewal: 109 days (Surprise surprise... still going up up up)
New PR Card: 50 days (Decreased from 69 days)

• Wow
Reactions: CaBeaver

tukhuk

Star Member
Oct 20, 2020
Did she mail her photo or did she upload it in the online portal?

Trailblazer89

Feb 17, 2019
Did she mail her photo or did she upload it in the online portal?
She mailed it, and it was also received by the Etobicoke office. We have subsequently sent web forms to IRCC who have said they don't need any other documents for now but that's what they've been saying for a long time now

darwin110

Jul 31, 2021

Did you receive AOR when you submitted photos for PR card? I don't know if new applicants for PR who are in land get AOR or not.

In my case, no AOR has been received so far. The last update we have is from March 10 which is a letter stating she is now a PR but asked for photos which we did on March 27.
maybe its best to resent the photo. Make sure you have all the paper you need in the application, and be sure to go to a professional photo shop in town and ask for PR card Photo. And it's best to pay extra for couple more photos. we usually sent in 2 but we sent 4 photos to be sure.

It's honestly not worth it when they reject your photo and lengthen the processing time.

Trailblazer89

Feb 17, 2019
maybe its best to resent the photo. Make sure you have all the paper you need in the application, and be sure to go to a professional photo shop in town and ask for PR card Photo. And it's best to pay extra for couple more photos. we usually sent in 2 but we sent 4 photos to be sure.

It's honestly not worth it when they reject your photo and lengthen the processing time.
Oh okay. Thats fair, although we did send it using a professional photographer. But maybe they never got it. I don't know, could be that or anything.

Did your wife receive an AOR when she sent her photo with a copy of the letter?

darwin110

Jul 31, 2021
Oh okay. Thats fair, although we did send it using a professional photographer. But maybe they never got it. I don't know, could be that or anything.

Did your wife receive an AOR when she sent her photo with a copy of the letter?
Yeah she received her AOR within a week and sent it in with the letter. we did photocopy the letter and keep it with us just in case we might need it before the PR arrived

tukhuk

Star Member
Oct 20, 2020
She mailed it, and it was also received by the Etobicoke office. We have subsequently sent web forms to IRCC who have said they don't need any other documents for now but that's what they've been saying for a long time now
That’s strange. I sent mine to Ottawa office on April 22 and still no news...

pdpd

Mar 15, 2021

I didn't receive the AOR yet. I have the Etobicoke office too. I got my CoPR in email on April 1st and I sent my photograph along with CoPR on the same day. 0 updates yet. Filled out the web form once, they said they have received the documents and currently processing.

Thaisasp

Star Member
Dec 30, 2020
just an updated for my case

NEW PR CARD - SPOUSE SPONSOR IN LAND

PR application sent in the mail on May 26 2021

Just received PR card in the mail today Aug 3 2021

I am surprised it only took about 2 months
Which office did you send the photo by mail, please ?

Baffled

Star Member
Apr 7, 2015
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
07-31-2015
Doc's Request.
Statutory Declaration of Common-Law 01-04-2016
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
08-04-2015 (10-01-2015: PR In Process)
File Transfer...
Fingerprint Background Check (Canada) 02-18-2016
Med's Request
Up Front
Med's Done....
May-07-2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
April 27, 2016
LANDED..........
May 18, 2016
You might try the URGENT option but that might require a proof of your travel plan
Yeah, going to try that. Re-sent the application with a newly filled one and the needed image, along with an urgent letter. Asking family members to spend money they dont have and spend time sending proof while caring for someone, that would just be asking too much of them and time they dont have.