+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card (New/Renewal) Processing Timeline 2021

BadGamer6

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2019
Toronto
Thanks! Just a few questions, It had 3 applications but I only received 1 aor and also when should I be able to check my staus online?
I believe the other AORs will come soon if you put them in 1 package. Normally ECAS is updated early in the morning (My citizenship one was around like 8am EDT), you can check them all tmrw morning if you received AOR for them.

Mar 16, 2021
PR App received: April 1, 2021
AOR received: July 20, 2021
FYI for all
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on April 1, 2021.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on July 20, 2021.
  3. We started processing your application on July 20, 2021.
  4. Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on July 30, 2021.

VUPtoYOW

Star Member
Jan 14, 2018
This is what my status says:

Permanent Resident Card
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on April 1, 2021.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on July 13, 2021.
  3. We started processing your application on July 13, 2021.
  4. Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on August 2, 2021.
My status changed to complete today as well, hoping to get the card maybe this or next week.

SheikhAhmed

Star Member
Jun 15, 2021
I believe the other AORs will come soon if you put them in 1 package. Normally ECAS is updated early in the morning (My citizenship one was around like 8am EDT), you can check them all tmrw morning if you received AOR for them.
yes just got them right after each other

darwin110

Jul 31, 2021
just an updated for my case

NEW PR CARD - SPOUSE SPONSOR IN LAND

PR application sent in the mail on May 26 2021

Just received PR card in the mail today Aug 3 2021

I am surprised it only took about 2 months

Trailblazer89

Feb 17, 2019
Hello all

Any advice on my wife's case? She was already in Canada as a visitor at the time of the approval of her Family Class application for a Spouse visa. The decision was made and she was granted Permanent Residence via a letter from IRCC confirming this. However that was on March 10, 2021, almost 5 months ago.

Still haven't received her PR card which means she can't travel outside the country. Have tried calling/submitting Web Forms to IRCC numerous times. Each time we are told that the office has everything they need for now and will get in touch if anything else is required. No word on when we will get the PR card.

Really beginning to get worried as her parents are unwell and she would like to visit them back home, and this is also straining our young marriage. We don't meet criteria for urgent processing. I have heard of outland applicants landing in Canada since the reopenings in the country who have received their PR cards on time, but no luck in our case.

Any tips?

Thanks!