Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
April 27, 2016
LANDED..........
May 18, 2016
I received my application back today. I will have to resend it, my fault. I didn't ensure the full Bio-data page of my passport was visible.

But what really bugs me is they received my application on April 6th and had my letter of rejection typed up on July 19, and it arrived to me today. Why did it take 3 months to see that one page was not fully visible?

I am going to ensure this time I have tracking on it and expedite the mailing, but I am realizing now, I wont have this in time for my trip end of September. Is there a way to possibly get their attention and have this processed quicker?

Your application for a Permanent Resident card is not complete and therefore is being fully returned to you for the following reasons:

Other: The copy of your Primary Identification has missing information or is incomplete. Please provide a full copy of the Bio-data page of your passport including the Machine-Readable Zone (MRZ) located at the bottom of the page.

Applications dated more than 90 days before being received by IRCC will require that you update your absences, re-sign and re-date the application, otherwise the application will be returned as incomplete. << Does this mean I need to refill my application.

Also, why didn't they email me letting me know they needed a full image? I could have replied with the image and it would have been done.

We are in an electronic age with high speed data transfers, why is this a snail mail system still?

Last edited:

BadGamer6

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2019
Toronto
I received my application back today. I will have to resend it, my fault. I didn't ensure the full Bio-data page of my passport was visible.

But what really bugs me is they received my application on April 6th and had my letter of rejection typed up on July 19, and it arrived to me today. Why did it take 3 months to see that one page was not fully visible?

I am going to ensure this time I have tracking on it and expedite the mailing, but I am realizing now, I wont have this in time for my trip end of September. Is there a way to possibly get their attention and have this processed quicker?
It’s just because of the backlog now. They barely started processing April applications. Check on IRCC’s website for urgent processing to see if you qualify. If you don’t do urgent processing there is just no way you can get it before September.

SheikhAhmed

Star Member
Jun 15, 2021
Hi guys! My photos for pr renewal were taken on 6th Jan, then the application was returned and I had to re-sent it which was on march 23rd and I sent the same photos which were taken on 6th Jan. If my application is opened any day after 6th July will those be considered outdated or does the 6 month date count on the application receiving day?

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018

Also, why didn't they email me letting me know they needed a full image? I could have replied with the image and it would have been done.

Because they want to make our lives miserable. Online applications could solve a lot of problems, like uploading missing or incomplete documents. After 3 months they opened the file, and requested that you need to resubmit it, which I assume will take another 3 months to be opened again. Unacceptable. Are you eligible for urgent processing for your travel? This would be the only way to avoid another 3 months delay.

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Hi guys! My photos for pr renewal were taken on 6th Jan, then the application was returned and I had to re-sent it which was on march 23rd and I sent the same photos which were taken on 6th Jan. If my application is opened any day after 6th July will those be considered outdated or does the 6 month date count on the application receiving day?
I wouldn't think so. They should be counted from the date of submitting your application

Baffled

Star Member
Apr 7, 2015
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
07-31-2015
Doc's Request.
Statutory Declaration of Common-Law 01-04-2016
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
08-04-2015 (10-01-2015: PR In Process)
File Transfer...
Fingerprint Background Check (Canada) 02-18-2016
Med's Request
Up Front
Med's Done....
May-07-2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
April 27, 2016
LANDED..........
May 18, 2016
Because they want to make our lives miserable. Online applications could solve a lot of problems, like uploading missing or incomplete documents. After 3 months they opened the file, and requested that you need to resubmit it, which I assume will take another 3 months to be opened again. Unacceptable. Are you eligible for urgent processing for your travel? This would be the only way to avoid another 3 months delay.
Agreed. I mean why even bother asking for an email address if you aren't going to use it. And I am looking into Urgent, but doubt it will be accepted, I am also going to assume the worst and submit another new application with the letter they gave me, even supply new pictures because everything has literally expired per their 90 day guidelines.

Also their PRTD application process is beyond comprehensible. The checklists asks for all of these documents and even size specified photos that will be emailed to them. I guess they assume you would read the requirements, prepare the email with all that they ask for and when you are outside of Canada press the send button. But then, if they ask you to send something else, how are you going to send it if you are outside of Canada and what you need to send is in your home, in Canada.

Totally Baffled by all of this.

Also this in May 2021:
Frustration over delays in PR Card and Citizenship applications | CTV News

Last edited:
Reactions: CaBeaver

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Agreed. I mean why even bother asking for an email address if you aren't going to use it. And I am looking into Urgent, but doubt it will be accepted, I am also going to assume the worst and submit another new application with the letter they gave me, even supply new pictures because everything has literally expired per their 90 day guidelines.

Also their PRTD application process is beyond comprehensible. The checklists asks for all of these documents and even size specified photos that will be emailed to them. I guess they assume you would read the requirements, prepare the email with all that they ask for and when you are outside of Canada press the send button. But then, if they ask you to send something else, how are you going to send it if you are outside of Canada and what you need to send is in your home, in Canada.

Totally Baffled by all of this.

Also this in May 2021:
Frustration over delays in PR Card and Citizenship applications | CTV News
The report says they added 62 workers? What a joke? What 62 workers will do with 1000s of applications in backlog. Also the modernized technology they are talking about is nonexistent. They only introduced online tests and online applications for the citizenships, and these are basic websites that took them 10 months to deploy which should have taken them 1-2 months. They are trying to find every excuse in the book for their incompetency.

Reactions: dof13

SheikhAhmed

Star Member
Jun 15, 2021
Also another question guys (sorry for bothering again and again), if it had said to update absences re-sign and redate can you just resign and redate the application or do a new one because I just re-signed and re-dated the old one as I had nothing to update

yazan142

Star Member
Mar 26, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
IELTS Request
Included with application
Interview........
waived
I was able to link my application on IRRC page but cant see it on ecas, tried many times but keeps getting the “we were not able to identify your application” message, anyone knows what would be the reason!?

Baffled

Star Member
Apr 7, 2015
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
07-31-2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Up Front
Med's Done....
May-07-2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
April 27, 2016
LANDED..........
May 18, 2016

BadGamer6

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2019
Toronto
Oh and you know what I never received an AOR during this entire time o.o
That would make sense cause they returned your application. AOR is only issued when they input your info into the system, in this case they didn’t. I really hope urgent processing can help you out!

Reactions: Baffled

Baffled

Star Member
Apr 7, 2015
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
07-31-2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Up Front
Med's Done....
May-07-2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
April 27, 2016
LANDED..........
May 18, 2016
Also another question guys (sorry for bothering again and again), if it had said to update absences re-sign and redate can you just resign and redate the application or do a new one because I just re-signed and re-dated the old one as I had nothing to update
That is what I wondered myself. I just completed a new application to be safe, though they did not say to do that. So now I wonder even more.

As there is no direct line to reach out to anyone at their offices, I am just going to stick with a new application as they will probably review everything again anyway. /shrug

In short who the heck knows.

Baffled

Star Member
Apr 7, 2015
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
07-31-2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Up Front
Med's Done....
May-07-2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
April 27, 2016
LANDED..........
May 18, 2016
That would make sense cause they returned your application. AOR is only issued when they input your info into the system, in this case they didn’t. I really hope urgent processing can help you out!
Ahhh okay, that makes total sense then. Thanks for the explanation.

I figure, if urgent doesn't get accepted, I am just going to be placed in the regular que, which means I haven't gained or loss anything with these current processing times.

I am also filling out and preparing PRTD process and get that rolling. I know it says you need to be outside of Canada, but I mean, what else can we do.

/shrug