+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card (New/Renewal) Processing Timeline 2021

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
And it's Tuesday again... PR Card production is updated as follows:
New PR Card: 67 days - HUGE DECREASE
Renewal PR Card: 103 days - Surprise surprise... it is still going up.
What? new cards takes less than renewing a card? This doesn't make sense. Renewal applications should be much simpler. This trend means I won't get my card before the end of this year!! :oops:

• Sad
Reactions: BadGamer6

Smileforu

Jan 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2010
Doc's Request.
April 2010
File Transfer...
April 2010 ! March 2012 6-12 months wait letter
Landed immigrant New PR card
Application received 25 June
DM made 26 July
How long it will take to receive PR card ?

• Wow
Reactions: CaBeaver

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Landed immigrant New PR card
Application received 25 June
DM made 26 July
How long it will take to receive PR card ?
Congratulations. They finished your application rather quickly (in about a month). I think you are among the lucky few. You may expect it in the coming 2-3 weeks I think.

Reactions: Smileforu

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
And it's Tuesday again... PR Card production is updated as follows:
New PR Card: 67 days - HUGE DECREASE
Renewal PR Card: 103 days - Surprise surprise... it is still going up.
Do you think there is a reasonable reason as to why new cards are being processed quicker? Do newly landed immigrants need the card to have SIN and be legally employed in Canada for example? But I vaguely remember getting my SIN using my landing documents and before the card, so I am not sure why they are prioritizing new landed immigrants

Last edited:

Smileforu

Jan 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2010
Doc's Request.
April 2010
File Transfer...
April 2010 ! March 2012 6-12 months wait letter
Congratulations. They finished your application rather quickly (in about a month). I think you are among the lucky few. You may expect it in the coming 2-3 weeks I think.
Thanks & last I spoke with CIC agent was it in in printing queue, so hopefully soon

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Just got AOR emails a little over 4 months after submission, no eCAS access yet (relatives). By the looks of it, estimating to receive the cards mid-August at the earliest.

Do you think there is a reasonable reason as to why new cards are being processed quicker? Do newly landed immigrants need the card to have SIN and be legally employed in Canada for example? But I vaguely remember getting my SIN using my landing documents and before the card, so I am not sure why they are prioritizing new landed immigrants
Could also suggest different teams handling new vs. renewals, and maybe added complexity with verifying RO with renewals.

shahkunalm

Jan 19, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-12-2015
Nomination.....
18-12-2015
AOR Received.
08-01-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
12-01-2016
Passport Req..
20-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-06-2016
Just got AOR emails a little over 4 months after submission, no eCAS access yet (relatives). By the looks of it, estimating to receive the cards mid-August at the earliest.

Could also suggest different teams handling new vs. renewals, and maybe added complexity with verifying RO with renewals.
When was your profile received by CIC?

BadGamer6

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2019
Toronto
New cards are being processed at local offices after virtual landing. Renewal is entirely done at Sydney. Massive new immigration application inflow might overwhelmed Sydney, so they probably prioritized other areas than PR card renewal.