+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card (New/Renewal) Processing Timeline 2021

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Is it possible to ask for urgent processing after I submit my PR card renewal application but before receiving the AOR (these days AOR takes months, and sometimes AOR and DM happen at the same time)? I already submitted my application, but in the near future I may have to travel with a proof of travel (which I don't have yet), and I wonder if I can send it to them before they open my file, but not sure if they would accept it without an AOR!! Can anyone advice about this scenario?

BadGamer6

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2019
Toronto
Is it possible to ask for urgent processing after I submit my PR card renewal application but before receiving the AOR (these days AOR takes months, and sometimes AOR and DM happen at the same time)? I already submitted my application, but in the near future I may have to travel with a proof of travel (which I don't have yet), and I wonder if I can send it to them before they open my file, but not sure if they would accept it without an AOR!! Can anyone advice about this scenario?
It is possible!

Reactions: CaBeaver

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
IRCC weekly updates on processing time has arrived:
PR cards renewal - 99 days (still increasing)
New PR cards - 111 days (big decrease)
Many of these PR renewal applications are due to delayed citizenship applications. A backlog has created another backlog :rolleyes:

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
It is possible!
I found this on their website

If your application isn’t in process or doesn’t appear in our system
Apply for another PR card and write “urgent” on the envelope.

Be sure to include:

• a new application
  • another set of pictures
  • all your supporting documents
  • certified copies of documents (if needed)
  • a valid email address where we can contact you
  • proof of travel that shows your destination and travel dates, such as:
    • your itinerary
    • a copy of your ticket
  • a copy of the receipt for your trip (a ticket receipt) with the:
    • date,
    • amount paid, and your
    • payment method
  • a copy your application fee receipt from your first application
  • a letter explaining the reason for the urgency
  • proof of the urgency, such as a:
    • doctor’s note
    • death certificate
    • letter from your employer
If you forget to include something or your situation doesn’t qualify for urgent processing, we’ll process your application normally.

When your card is ready, we’ll usually mail it to you. Sometimes, we may ask you to pick it up at a local office.

If you don’t receive your PR card before you travel, find out how to return to Canada without a PR card.
What does it mean if your application isn't in process or doesn't appear in our system? Is this the same as not having the file opened, and sending AOR?

BadGamer6

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2019
Toronto
I found this on their website

What does it mean if your application isn't in process or doesn't appear in our system? Is this the same as not having the file opened, and sending AOR?
I would assume that. If you can't find your status in eCAS then they didn't open your file in the system.

Reactions: SGIL9922

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
I would assume that. If you can't find your status in eCAS then they didn't open your file in the system.
This is what I was afraid of. They don't open files quickly to reference them (I am not sure why? it's easy to check if the files are complete and give them AOR!!), so it seems that it's likely I would need to send a new application in case of any updates :confused: More obstacles :rolleyes:

karthicktalk

Star Member
Sep 7, 2017
PR renewal, application received by CIC on Apr 01, 2021 via canadapost, no updates, nothing after that, the processing time, at that time was 67 days, now it shows 97 days, it is more than 107 days now, no AOR.
Card received by CIC on : Apr 01, 2021 (sent via canada post)

Got an email saying PR card application received on Apr 01, 2021 by CIC on : Jul 21, 2021 (received email at 5:35a pst)

Type: PR renewal

I don't see any AOR in the email, the email says, i can check application status using my UCI (the ECAS link doesn't show anything, using my UCI, may be i need to wait to see it on ECAS).

Last edited:

SheikhAhmed

Star Member
Jun 15, 2021
Card received by CIC on : Apr 01, 2021

Got an email saying PR card received on Apr 01, 2021 by CIC on : Jul 21, 2021

I don't see any AOR in the email, the email says, i can check application status using my UCI (the ECAS link doesn't show anything, using my UCI, may be i need to wait to see it on ECAS).
What time did you get it?

elman50205

Star Member
May 19, 2021
Card received by CIC on : Apr 01, 2021 (sent via canada post)

Got an email saying PR card application received on Apr 01, 2021 by CIC on : Jul 21, 2021 (received email at 5:35a pst)

This is the AOR - you can check your case on the ECAS or Immigration Account.

Reactions: karthicktalk

HB.Agenda2

Jul 18, 2011
This confirms that your application for your Permanent Resident card has been received by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) on 2021/04/06. (Apr 06)

Received this email today: July 21, 05:40 (MDT)

Card received by CIC on : Apr 06, 2021 (sent via Canada Post)
Card Renewal.
Nothing in ECAS yet.

elman50205

Star Member
May 19, 2021
This confirms that your application for your Permanent Resident card has been received by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) on 2021/04/06. (Apr 06)

Card Renewal.
Nothing in ECAS yet.
Try immigration account and put your application number - you will find it

Same happen with me - it takes around 3 days to appear in ECAS

Reactions: karthicktalk

SheikhAhmed

Star Member
Jun 15, 2021

Card Renewal.
Nothing in ECAS yet.
am or pm?