+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card (New/Renewal) Processing Timeline 2021

kathysrazor

Star Member
Oct 25, 2020
With the border reopening to Americans, I’ll be able to fly again starting August 9th even if my card doesn’t arrive.

My card was stolen before the lockdowns, so I’ve had to drive this whole time.

Beibh1004

Apr 8, 2021
Yeah. A lot of times. But no big help. Just come to hear that they are processing it. Thats all they tell.
Have you thought about submitting the solemn declaration and using the PR card renewal process? You are past the 180 days mark. It costs 50 dollars but you might end up getting it sooner. The Ottawa and Montreal offices are doing absolutely nothing it seems. I don’t know how they get away with being an utterly disgraceful service.

Livra

Star Member
Dec 28, 2016
Hi all,

IRCC received my PR Card application on March 5th, I still didn't receive my card and I have a trip scheduled for August 7th.
Does anybody know if I can travel with the CoPR letter though? Or if I can use my OWP to come back to Canada? It will expire only next year.

Thank you

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Hi all,

IRCC received my PR Card application on March 5th, I still didn't receive my card and I have a trip scheduled for August 7th.
Does anybody know if I can travel with the CoPR letter though? Or if I can use my OWP to come back to Canada? It will expire only next year.

Thank you
I don't think you can use your work permit or CoPR to return to Canada. If you have a proof of your travel, I would send it to them, and ask for urgent processing, although I doubt your application is in the final stages already after 4+ months. I have read in some cases that AOR and DM are done at the same time. I would send them to inquire about my application though. Worst case scenario, if you traveled without your renewed PR, you can still return, but you would need to apply for PRTD.

SGIL9922

Star Member
Jun 30, 2021
Have you thought about submitting the solemn declaration and using the PR card renewal process? You are past the 180 days mark. It costs 50 dollars but you might end up getting it sooner. The Ottawa and Montreal offices are doing absolutely nothing it seems. I don’t know how they get away with being an utterly disgraceful service.
I think it does not work in our case. Because its not issued yet. I donot even know anyone who have ever tried this option. So I am not sure but its getting so stressful now.

Beibh1004

Apr 8, 2021
I think it does not work in our case. Because its not issued yet. I donot even know anyone who have ever tried this option. So I am not sure but its getting so stressful now.
You are right very few people need to use this option because it is not been an issue in the past where they don’t send you the card within 6 months, but now it seems more and more common. I do believe it is an option however as it is also the method to use for people who don’t send their photo within 6 months to their local office. @legalfalcon could you please advise if this is appropriate in this case?

Mar 16, 2021
Hi there,

I sent my PR renewal application through UPS service back in March. I have signature proof that it was received by an official at the given address on March 31st. I am confused and surprised that there has been no communication from CIC about the same. My application doesn't even show in the system. The current processing time of 90 days already elapsed last week. CIC isn't taking any calls.

Can anyone help by proving your inputs or sharing your timelines/ experience please?

Many thanks in advance
PR App received: April 1, 2021
AOR received: July 20, 2021

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
You are right very few people need to use this option because it is not been an issue in the past where they don’t send you the card within 6 months, but now it seems more and more common. I do believe it is an option however as it is also the method to use for people who don’t send their photo within 6 months to their local office. @legalfalcon could you please advise if this is appropriate in this case?
@SGIL9922 If you never received the first card then an inordinate amount of time has elapsed, then you should file an application to obtain a new one submitting s solemn declaration.

Also, before you do this, make sure that you contact IRCC via webfom.

Reactions: SGIL9922

SGIL9922

Star Member
Jun 30, 2021
@SGIL9922 If you never received the first card then an inordinate amount of time has elapsed, then you should file an application to obtain a new one submitting s solemn declaration.

Also, before you do this, make sure that you contact IRCC via webfom.
Okay. Thanks alott. I am gonna write webform today. And will fill solemn declaration too.