+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card (New/Renewal) Processing Timeline 2021

CookieMaster

May 4, 2016
Folks, thank you very much, one of the useful threads, I am coming from this thread: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/few-questions-regarding-canadian-pr-card-renewal-2021.728801/

My application was received on 22 March 2021 (signed) and confirmed via email on 28 March 2021 (after I wrote to them for confirmation)
It looks like there is
[1] delay between opening the application and processing it (see my above thread for the discussion)
[2] The processing time which is mentioned on the CIC website probably includes the complete time for handling of the application, that is as per my understanding if CIC IRCC mentions 71 days to renew PR Card, it means a decision will be taken within 71 days. Application could be open on day 69 and decision could be taken same day or the next day and notification via email or postal.

All the best !

rajcalgary2019

Star Member
Mar 2, 2019
PR renewal
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on January 14, 2021.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on March 8, 2021.
  3. We started processing your application on March 8, 2021. + Decision made
when was your card expiring?

Virk 2824

Mar 15, 2021
Folks, thank you very much, one of the useful threads, I am coming from this thread: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/few-questions-regarding-canadian-pr-card-renewal-2021.728801/

My application was received on 22 March 2021 (signed) and confirmed via email on 28 March 2021 (after I wrote to them for confirmation)
It looks like there is
[1] delay between opening the application and processing it (see my above thread for the discussion)
[2] The processing time which is mentioned on the CIC website probably includes the complete time for handling of the application, that is as per my understanding if CIC IRCC mentions 71 days to renew PR Card, it means a decision will be taken within 71 days. Application could be open on day 69 and decision could be taken same day or the next day and notification via email or postal.

All the best !
How did you confirm?

DONGJACK

Apr 29, 2019
Can you please tell me if your COPR letter came from Toronto Etobicoke?

Also where did you get all these messages? Like my pictures were submitted on 8th of April but i didn't get any kind of messages that you have mentioned.
Your help will be appreciated.
I didnt get letter from Toronto. I check my application status on IRCC website. And I have never submitted pictures you said. I just send the documents via CANANDA POST. I received the email last Friday. IRCC said they have gotten the files and been processing my application. It is AOR.

mp79

Jul 17, 2014
Just want to share my time for processing of PR Card renewal

Permanent Resident Card
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on February 10, 2021.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on April 6, 2021.
  3. We started processing your application on April 6, 2021.
  4. Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on April 13, 2021.
Received the cards today, April 19, 2021.

Reactions: PR2020

Hinach612

Star Member
Mar 29, 2021
Need suggestion
My application went on descion made 30 march
Card went for production 1st april
Can is nit mailed yet
I called irrcc they keep saying its in production
Is it normal bcz i feel like its take extra time

IndianBos

Oct 8, 2014
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-Jun-2014
Nomination.....
16-Oct-2014
File Transfer...
11-Dec-2014
Med's Request
24-Apr-2015 (Delayed for adding a child)
Med's Done....
9-May-2015 (Updated 29-May-2015)
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
17-Jun-2015 (mailed 29-June-2015)
VISA ISSUED...
11-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
7-Sep-2015
Need suggestion
My application went on descion made 30 march
Card went for production 1st april
Can is nit mailed yet
I called irrcc they keep saying its in production
Is it normal bcz i feel like its take extra time
It takes time, I think completely normal given the times. You have to remember there are lockdowns and disruptions everywhere.

alissanb

Star Member
Mar 27, 2019
UPDATE. First PR card application finally approved today!
  • COPR: 8th January
  • PR card application received: 7th January
  • Photos sent to Vancouver office: 8th January (delivered about 4 days afterward)
  • Nothing for about 98 days.
  • Ghost update: April 16th
  • Approval and PR sent in mail: today
PR card will take up to 6 weeks to arrive in the mail.

alissanb

Star Member
Mar 27, 2019
What is a ghost update?
A ghost update is when you log into your profile to see your application has been "updated" but when you click on your application, there are no changes. No one knows for sure what a ghost update means but it is speculated that it might be because background work has been done on your application.

Virk 2824

Mar 15, 2021
Hi everyone I got AOR but I am not able to check my application status can someone guide me how to do it may be I am doing something wrong or choosing wrong option

LUCISUS

Aug 1, 2020
Hi,

I have submitted my CoPR letter and photo to the IRCC office last month, but I haven't receive anything from them.
I tried to link the PR card application on IRCC with providing DOB, UCI, Name, Birth Place, but the system says it couldn't find any application.
Tried to call IRCC, but I think their menu has changed, and couldn't find way to talk to agent (without application number).

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Reactions: Johan Rodrigo

Virk 2824

Mar 15, 2021
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on February 19, 2021.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on April 16, 2021.
  3. We started processing your application on April 16, 2021.
Hi ,Did you get any other update except AOR