+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card (New/Renewal) Processing Timeline 2021

rid.patel

Dec 30, 2020
Hello guys,
my husband is inland primary applicant and i am in india (dependent applicant)
we received information letter in gckey stated that if we are outside Canada should submit passport to visa office and if in Canada then should do virtual landing.
same day we both received portal mail
my husband uploaded photo and address in pr portal waiting for approval

my question is
1. how much time it will take for ecopr (any recent timeline)
2. at what stage i can submit my passport (i heard that after primary applicant got ecopr but in doc nothing mention like this )

please help

Samtoog

Mar 13, 2020
Pretoria South Africa
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
19-05-2020
Doc's Request.
25-05-22
Nomination.....
30-04-2019
AOR Received.
07-12-2020
File Transfer...
28-02-22
Hello guys,
my husband is inland primary applicant and i am in india (dependent applicant)
we received information letter in gckey stated that if we are outside Canada should submit passport to visa office and if in Canada then should do virtual landing.
same day we both received portal mail
my husband uploaded photo and address in pr portal waiting for approval

my question is
1. how much time it will take for ecopr (any recent timeline)
2. at what stage i can submit my passport (i heard that after primary applicant got ecopr but in doc nothing mention like this )

please help
You don’t have to wait husband to receive his eCOPR, they are issued separately. You can go ahead and submit your passport. Yours and other dependents outside will be issued your eCOPR and travel visa. I’m in the same situation now. My dependents just submitted their passports for collection yesterday. Good luck!

immigca

Oct 24, 2014
@Rkb94 and @pankajsoni - I'm waiting for the initial PR Card as well.

Landed: Jun 24, 2022
Received photo request: Aug 23, 2022

Seems like the photo request is simply to buy more time without effecting the processing timeline. As @MortyC137 mentioned as well, the photograph was taken by a professional photographer who has done numerous PR card pictures. Hence, I suspect it's simply to buy more time to process the card.

Look out in your emails, you may get a request to resubmit photos as well since your timeline is very similar to mine.

rid.patel

Dec 30, 2020
You don’t have to wait husband to receive his eCOPR, they are issued separately. You can go ahead and submit your passport. Yours and other dependents outside will be issued your eCOPR and travel visa. I’m in the same situation now. My dependents just submitted their passports for collection yesterday. Good luck!
Thanks for your response

Obamayang

Star Member
Feb 26, 2020

Seems like the photo request is simply to buy more time without effecting the processing timeline. As @MortyC137 mentioned as well, the photograph was taken by a professional photographer who has done numerous PR card pictures. Hence, I suspect it's simply to buy more time to process the card.

Look out in your emails, you may get a request to resubmit photos as well since your timeline is very similar to mine.
Hey,

I landed on 10th June, linked application on 16th June.

Got photo request on 9th August for both dependants only.
Sent photos but no update since..almost 2 weeks now

Anyone in same time line still waiting ?

tshtsh

Star Member
Feb 24, 2021

Became a landed PR on May 12, 2022
Receive Photo submit request on July 8, 2022
Sent my Photos on July 9, 2022
Still waiting. Was unable to attend an event in Washington last weekend. Waiting for PR card for 108 days now.

filtyfox

Star Member
Jun 26, 2020
Dubai
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Winnipeg
NOC Code......
Landed at YYZ on July 23 and provided address to IO on landing.
Currently processing time shows 69 days.

honeyawan

Sep 1, 2022
Landed at YYZ on July 23 and provided address to IO on landing.
Currently processing time shows 69 days.
Hi fox, Can you share your experience on YYZ.
What questions did they ask. How long did it take for you to come out of the airport.
I have landing in October. I am planning to stay for 2-3 weeks. I will have a return ticket.
Not sure if they verify if we are coming permanently or doign softlanding.
Did they ask you anything like this ?
I have read in this forum that if you inform the officer that you are not coming permanently then they will not start PR card application.
And if the officer asks I am not sure if this is a good idea to hide the info.

filtyfox

Star Member
Jun 26, 2020
Dubai
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Winnipeg
NOC Code......
Hi fox, Can you share your experience on YYZ.
What questions did they ask. How long did it take for you to come out of the airport.
I have landing in October. I am planning to stay for 2-3 weeks. I will have a return ticket.
Not sure if they verify if we are coming permanently or doign softlanding.
Did they ask you anything like this ?
I have read in this forum that if you inform the officer that you are not coming permanently then they will not start PR card application.
And if the officer asks I am not sure if this is a good idea to hide the info.
Yes, sure dear.
Process was pretty much smooth, its that we landed on Saturday morning at 10am and had to wait 2 hours as during weekend only 50% officer work (thats what we heard from fellow passengers) before we could grab our bags and leave the airport. Since we were completely tired and exhausted and had small kids which the officer also noticed, we were asked only two questions by the officer (1)Have you got any cash that you want to declare? (2) Have you got an address at the place of your destination?
Thats it, nothing more.
And.... our CoPR were signed and the golden words we heard from the officer WELCOME HOME, YOU ARE NOW OFFICIALLY PR OF CANADA.

I am not sure about sharing with the officer if you are soft landing but yes, chances are he may not apply for your PR card and may ask you to apply once you decide moving for good..