+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card (New/Renewal) Processing Timeline 2021

tkhan84

Jun 1, 2015
Need some advice on how to inquire about my wife's PR card renewal. The application was received Sept 2, 2021 and AOR/processing started Nov 24, 2021. As of today the status is still "In Process". At the time of submission, the processing time was estimated to be around 100 days from when application was received, so we expected the process to be complete sometime in Dec 2021 or Jan 2022. On Feb 19 we filed an inquiry online, but recieved no response. What else can I do to find out why this is taking so long?

candreamer2021

Aug 10, 2021
I tried calling them to check status on PR card but they said you can't check status, even if she is your wife.
Either she needs to call or her representative for status. She is not with me as she did soft landing and now back in home country.
Not sue, how can we check status on her first PR Card ? Any idea, anyone
I m in the same boat...My wife did soft landing on Dec 1st , still the status in GCkey is submitted. When I called today the agent said they cant reveal my spouse info to me. But last week some agent told me that her card was printed.

ethelstan

Sep 16, 2016
Need some advice on how to inquire about my wife's PR card renewal. The application was received Sept 2, 2021 and AOR/processing started Nov 24, 2021. As of today the status is still "In Process". At the time of submission, the processing time was estimated to be around 100 days from when application was received, so we expected the process to be complete sometime in Dec 2021 or Jan 2022. On Feb 19 we filed an inquiry online, but recieved no response. What else can I do to find out why this is taking so long?
Maybe can try calling them?

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Still waiting for my first card, it has been 2 months since my COPR (i was inland the whole time)
PR Card application was approved (and mailed out) yesterday. Got a GU on my GCKey account today, and PR Portal account is showing "Accepted and Closed"

Last edited:
Reactions: CNP

Metfar

Jan 20, 2022
PR Card application was approved yesterday. Got a GU on my GCKey account today, and PR Portal account is showing "Accepted and Closed"
Hi my card is in production ..so you have any idea ,how long it’s gonna take from production printing to post?

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Hi my card is in production ..so you have any idea ,how long it’s gonna take from production printing to post?
It has already been mailed apparently, that's what the GCKey message said. It also said to expect anytime up to 6 weeks for delivery.

tkhan84

Jun 1, 2015
Maybe can try calling them?
Can you provide a phone number to call? I tried browsing the CIC website but keep getting directed to the web form.

Nevermind looks like it is 1-888-242-2100 . When I go through the menus and choose "I need to -> contact you about something else" it didn't give the number, but it showed up if I chose another option.

Last edited:

HNJ

Star Member
Mar 20, 2017
If we send 2 applications in the same package for pr renewal, will we get 2 separate AOR's? I have received only one in my name, nothing on my wife's application. Anyone have experienced the same?

Kph

Mar 24, 2022
I wonder if anyone can advise me in my situation!

I applied for PR renewal ,
Received: November 22, 2021
AOR: January 27th, 2022
Started processing: January 27th, 2022
Check application status changed into Decision Made since March 1st, 2022
Then, nothing is happening!
I linked recently to the gc account, it showed submitted!
No other details. I tried to call them, no luck to reach to an agent response.
I applied for my children and ex (helped them) one month later. They received the PRs from one month!
Any explanation for the discrepancy between both sites to check the status of my application of PR renewal!
I am expecting to travel within 6 weeks and I am entrapped here with my PR just expired few days ago!
Any help or pathway I can follow?

Inder2000

Mar 17, 2022
I wonder if anyone can advise me in my situation!

I applied for PR renewal ,
Received: November 22, 2021
AOR: January 27th, 2022
Started processing: January 27th, 2022
Check application status changed into Decision Made since March 1st, 2022
Then, nothing is happening!
I linked recently to the gc account, it showed submitted!
No other details. I tried to call them, no luck to reach to an agent response.
I applied for my children and ex (helped them) one month later. They received the PRs from one month!
Any explanation for the discrepancy between both sites to check the status of my application of PR renewal!
I am expecting to travel within 6 weeks and I am entrapped here with my PR just expired few days ago!
Any help or pathway I can follow?
Most likely your card is approved and is waiting in production queue for printing. GC key will change to approve once your card is mailed to you.

Reactions: Kph