+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card (New/Renewal) Processing Timeline 2021

KKS123@

Star Member
May 28, 2021
Landed on 11th Jan 2022, still waiting for card.
I tried calling them to check status on PR card but they said you can't check status, even if she is your wife.
Either she needs to call or her representative for status. She is not with me as she did soft landing and now back in home country.
Not sue, how can we check status on her first PR Card ? Any idea, anyone

nands_5555

Apr 16, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
N/A
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-07-2016
AOR Received.
20-07-2016
Med's Done....
08-08-2016 MEDICAL PASSED
Passport Req..
12-12-2016
Hi here is my timeline
We received your application for a permanent resident card on November 18, 2021.
  1. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on Feb 03, 2022
  2. We started processing your application on FeB 03, 202
  3. Sent my card on March 01 2022

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
I tried calling them to check status on PR card but they said you can't check status, even if she is your wife.
Either she needs to call or her representative for status. She is not with me as she did soft landing and now back in home country.
Not sue, how can we check status on her first PR Card ? Any idea, anyone
Yes, they wont tell status to you on her behalf.

Either she needs to call directly, or raise a webform.

Have you linked the pr card application to gckey?

It will help you track the application.

KKS123@

Star Member
May 28, 2021
Yes, they wont tell status to you on her behalf.

Either she needs to call directly, or raise a webform.

Have you linked the pr card application to gckey?

It will help you track the application.
Yes, I have linked my application to GCKey and it is in Submitted state. Only thing, I am worried if that is being worked upon and photo measurements are ok

How can we change the address of PR card delivery as I am changing my home location?

LGustavo

Apr 11, 2021
Submitted
My case is very similar to yours. My wife and I received the eCOPR on Jan 10th. I am still waiting for the card and the status is "Submitted" in the GCKey. However, my wife received her card in mid-February. I already called them, and my card is "in line for production", but who knows why it is taking so much time.

Reactions: CNP

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
Yes, I have linked my application to GCKey and it is in Submitted state. Only thing, I am worried if that is being worked upon and photo measurements are ok

How can we change the address of PR card delivery as I am changing my home location?
When your wife makes a call to IRCC, ask her to specifically check with agent on status of photos.

On address change, again i think you need to ask them on call for better clarity.

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
My case is very similar to yours. My wife and I received the eCOPR on Jan 10th. I am still waiting for the card and the status is "Submitted" in the GCKey. However, my wife received her card in mid-February. I already called them, and my card is "in line for production", but who knows why it is taking so much time.
The only difference is, I landed in Canada as Outland candidate :)

When I checked in first week of March, the agent told me that on 28th Feb my photos were accepted.

Till date however card has not been sent to printing. Is this what is called as in line for production?

Kart123

Nov 18, 2021
I applied for replacement of my lost PR card, I got my AOR Nov 12th 2021, and they started processing my application from Jan 18 2022. It moved to decision made after around 10 days and its been in the same state for over a couple of months now.

I was able to call the agent, and on checking the agent told the PR card has been printed and has been sent to Etobicoke , it reached the office on 15th March. The agent told the office will set up an in person appointment and hand it over to me. Has anyone picked up their application from the Etobicoke office and when can I expect an communication from them? the agent was not sure when I maybe communicated.

I have travel plans in the next month and am waiting on my PR card, kind of confused wat to do now

Last edited:

micsilvestre

Mar 22, 2022
My husband is a permanent resident, I am a Canadian citizen. We just got back from a vacation in Mexico. Since my husband's PR card (received August 6, started processing November 8) had not arrived, we decided to arrange for him to fly from Buffalo and meet us down there. So, he drove to Buffalo, flew to our destination, enjoyed a 2 week holiday and then flew back to Buffalo and just drive home over the Niagara border. His expired card was not an issue, as he presented other documentation proving his Canadian residence status. Unfortunately, that means out exposure to Covid was exponentially higher because of his 2 connecting flights back. But we followed the rules - always do. I'm glad it worked, but disappointed that it's taking SO long to get his card back. (It was a lovely getaway, btw). Anyone wondering about crossing the land border with and expired card, it was absolutely no problem.
Hi, is he a U.S. citizen? or just have a U.S. visa? If the latter, didn't the U.S. officers question him why he only had a one way ticket to the U.S.? I'm planning the same thing. Fly back to the Philippines straight from Canada then from the Philippines fly to Seattle and have my friend pick me up there. I'm worried my problem would be the U.S. officers letting me into the U.S. without a return or onward ticket.

Scarpetta

Star Member
Apr 28, 2021
Category........
FAM
Hi. Not sure if anyone knows the answer to this, or experienced similar:

I landed on October 28, and my PR card still hasn't arrived. After we contacted our MP (who managed to establish that "IRCC are experiencing delays", surprise), I found out my PR card application number and linked the application. In my online account, it says that the PR card application was submitted on January 28th, which is 3 months after I arrived. Does anyone understand how/ why this happened? Am I supposed to count 91 days (current processing time) since Jan 28th before I can again complain about the delay?

When I go to the cic website, nothing with my application number comes up. So I am assuming they still haven't started processing, even though it's been 5 months since I arrived?
Webform went unanswered.
I tried calling IRCC countless times, was able to get through only once, and after an hour of wait they hung up on me.
Any ideas would be very much appreciated.

DonDinod

Aug 16, 2021
I have been trying to link my 3 year old son's PR card application to my GCkey account but his application can't be found even though I, my wife and son all landed the same day. I was able to link my application and my wife's own easily but can't find my son's. Has anyone experienced this?

JoanneB

Star Member
Nov 11, 2021
Hi, is he a U.S. citizen? or just have a U.S. visa? If the latter, didn't the U.S. officers question him why he only had a one way ticket to the U.S.? I'm planning the same thing. Fly back to the Philippines straight from Canada then from the Philippines fly to Seattle and have my friend pick me up there. I'm worried my problem would be the U.S. officers letting me into the U.S. without a return or onward ticket.
He is a US citizen. I am not knowledgable about how a non-US citizen would fly to the USA though.