+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card (New/Renewal) Processing Timeline 2021

gmajdoub

Jan 5, 2023
I submitted a renewal request on the portal online on Sept. 15, I am still waiting.

It shows submitted on the portal.
I sent a form to know about the status on November 15, they replied with my application number.
I was able to use it to link with gckey, and there I can see my application is being processed "checking admissibility criteria".

I called them several times as I am 110+ days beyond processing times; They say it is being processed (They confirmed an alive agent is working on it! hhhh) but nothing more. I asked them: why is my application complex to the point it is going way beyond expected processing times; They said it is not complex, it just took longer in you case!

It is frustrating. My work involves travel sometimes and they only give me very short notice and I am embarrassed to tell them I am not willing to travel these days as I have signed in the contract to be able to when required.
Do you think I can convert my application to URGENT? How do I do this? Just submit the form with explanations? Should I get a letter from my employer?
Does it work without booking/buying a flight?

Who else submitted on Sept. 15 and still waiting?

Reactions: Xxsaraxx

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I submitted a renewal request on the portal online on Sept. 15, I am still waiting.

I sent a form to know about the status on November 15, they replied with my application number.
I was able to use it to link with gckey, and there I can see my application is being processed "checking admissibility criteria".

I called them several times as I am 110+ days beyond processing times; They say it is being processed (They confirmed an alive agent is working on it! hhhh) but nothing more. I asked them: why is my application complex to the point it is going way beyond expected processing times; They said it is not complex, it just took longer in you case!

It is frustrating. My work involves travel sometimes and they only give me very short notice and I am embarrassed to tell them I am not willing to travel these days as I have signed in the contract to be able to when required.
Do you think I can convert my application to URGENT? How do I do this? Just submit the form with explanations? Should I get a letter from my employer?

Your reason for requesting urgent processing would not be approved, unfortunately.

You could always travel and return via the U.S., since, unless you hold a valid U.S. passport, you only really need a valid PR card to appease a commercial carrier when flying back to a Canadian airport. It is not a solid requirement for CBSA, which is why entering Canada at a land PoE is doable. All you need is something that confirms that you are [still] a PR, which your expired card would clearly show.

Xxsaraxx

Star Member
Jun 7, 2017
My PR card renewal application was filed on Oct 15 online through a rep. Since then, it is showing status as submitted, no change in status. Did you try calling them as it is already more than 90 days for you?
Yes I tried calling, but no reply wait times are too long. Also sent a web form inquiry on Dec 16th, no reply as well. I asked my representative, he said he usually just gets cards mailed and they’ll start processing according to the expiry date and I applied exactly 9 months before my PR card expiry. Starting to get worried now though, any updates on your end?

VJY369

Oct 6, 2022

Have you got any update on your application?

VJY369

Oct 6, 2022
Hi everyone,

I applied for pr card renewal on 15/sept/2022 through a representative. Till now I don’t have any updates. Representative sent a link on which application just says submitted every time I check. How can I know what’s going on? Any September pr renewal applicants here?
Have you received any update ? I am also in the same boat, applied on September 26, was able to link the application in GC account. The status shows processing

Anadev

Jan 19, 2023
Hi All,
PR Confirmation e-mail - Sept 13, 2022 (Replied the same day)
Email with PR Portal credentials - Sept 13, 2022
Photo & Address upload to PR Portal - Sept 14, 2022
eCoPR generation date - Pending
PR Card received - Pending
VO - VLU OTTAWA

I was hoping if anyone from OTTAWA has received their eCoPR or PR card this year, please share. It has been such a struggle to keep waiting for more than 4 months. Is there something I could do? Appreciate any advice.

yourr.grace

Star Member
Jul 25, 2017
Guys, sorry for off topic post here.
Can one go to india and come back to canada on a PR card which has less than 6 months expiry?
My pr card expires in May 2023 (this year) and i am planning to visit india in april and come back before may. kindly guide.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys, sorry for off topic post here.
Can one go to india and come back to canada on a PR card which has less than 6 months expiry?
My pr card expires in May 2023 (this year) and i am planning to visit india in april and come back before may. kindly guide.
I don't believe that, unlike a passport, the PR Card needs to be valid for at least 6 months before travel. You might want to check with the airline that you will be using, just to make sure.

Safe travels!

karthit

Feb 5, 2012
My parents landed on May 18, 2022. We received their PR cards around July 25. The name on one of the PR cards was incorrect as one alphabet was wrong. So I sent an application for reissue of the card with the corrected name. The application was received in Sydney end of July. However the corrected PR card has not arrived yet and it has been over 100 days. Anyone experiencing similar delays?
The corrected PR card finally arrived on Feb 7, 2023, after over 6 long months!!!

ChadSH

Apr 20, 2017
I submitted my PR card renewal on November 6th, 2022.
I link my application to my CIC account on February 9th, 2023.

It's showing my 'Date Received' as November 6th, 2022, and my 'Date Submitted' as February 9th, 2023. Any idea what's going on or why it would show the date I linked the profile? Did this just reset my timeline? It's been over 92 days already.

I haven't seen my family in almost four years and I'm losing the window to book flights.

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
I submitted my PR card renewal on November 6th, 2022.
I link my application to my CIC account on February 9th, 2023.

It's showing my 'Date Received' as November 6th, 2022, and my 'Date Submitted' as February 9th, 2023. Any idea what's going on or why it would show the date I linked the profile? Did this just reset my timeline? It's been over 92 days already.

I haven't seen my family in almost four years and I'm losing the window to book flights.
Nothing to be worried about. Date received is important. Data submitted will always be the date when you link your application. That is how the portal is designed

ChadSH

Apr 20, 2017
Nothing to be worried about. Date received is important. Data submitted will always be the date when you link your application. That is how the portal is designed
Well that's good to hear, thankyou for responding!

Not the best choice of words when 'Date linked to CIC account' would be far less stressful for people! Every day I'm slightly less impressed with Federal systems up here.

GSM786

Feb 6, 2022
Hello everyone,

I submitted PR card renewal application Online on 29th of December 2022 and haven't received any acknowledgement or update on it since.
I called IRCC today and the agent said they don't even have my application in system.

Is it normal? or do i need to submit an application again?

Xxsaraxx

Star Member
Jun 7, 2017

hello, I submitted on Sept 15th and have no idea why it’s taking so long. I called them in January anD I was shocked to know they didn’t even start processing it. Called them in February and they said it’s processing. Can’t believe who applied after me and in January have gotten their cards