+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card (New/Renewal) Processing Timeline 2021

IanYYC

Jan 14, 2021
Hi guys,
I have a question not totally related to PR renewal. I applied for my PR renewal but it will not be ready by the time I leave Canada. I was wondering if any of you know how long it takes to process a PR travel document as I believe this will be my only solution to come back to Canada.
Thank you in advance!

Scott_Chegg1

Jan 26, 2021
Hi guys,
I have a question not totally related to PR renewal. I applied for my PR renewal but it will not be ready by the time I leave Canada. I was wondering if any of you know how long it takes to process a PR travel document as I believe this will be my only solution to come back to Canada.
Thank you in advance!
It would depend on what country you are visiting, that is where you have to get it.

IanYYC

Jan 14, 2021
Thank you but it seems like the process is online now as my VAC is closed. I need to send the documents to an e-mail that this provided on the website.

Scott_Chegg1

Jan 26, 2021
an e-mail that this provided on the website.
Yes, but you still have to do it when you are outside of Canada or apply for an urgent renewal.
If you have a flight booked already follow the link below for urgent processing.

If your PR card is expired or about to expire
If it’s expired or will expire when you’re travelling, renew your PR card before you leave. You can only renew your card in Canada.

You may be eligible for urgent processing of your PR card.

If you don’t get your new PR card in time, you must

s.jagjit

Jul 18, 2016
Reactions: IanYYC

IanYYC

Jan 14, 2021
Yes, but you still have to do it when you are outside of Canada or apply for an urgent renewal.
If you have a flight booked already follow the link below for urgent processing.

If your PR card is expired or about to expire
If it’s expired or will expire when you’re travelling, renew your PR card before you leave. You can only renew your card in Canada.

You may be eligible for urgent processing of your PR card.

If you don’t get your new PR card in time, you must

Thank you! I have submitted the form already but I don't quality for urgente processing as my reason is not listed.
Appreciate your help!

Roel 1992

Star Member
Sep 19, 2017
Hi guys,
Thank you in advance!
When did you apply for pr renewal ?

BicolanoMan

Star Member
Oct 12, 2013
Category........
Other
App. Filed.......
07-07-2020
is it normal? I sent my pr card renewalapplication last March 22,2021, got my AOR last june 17, 2021..but cant access my pr card renewal online case status. I can see only my in process citizenship grant application..

Julfox

Star Member
Dec 21, 2018
is it normal? I sent my pr card renewalapplication last March 22,2021, got my AOR last june 17, 2021..but cant access my pr card renewal online case status. I can see only my in process citizenship grant application..
U should have an application number on the AOR. Then try to link the application number on your GC key account to check on status. Hope this info helps.

Ashuani

Jul 13, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
3/8/15
Med's Done....
3/8/15
Anybody from april got any news?
Even I am waiting. My application reached them on 21 aprial.. Still no news of AOR.. In fact the time line is getting increased on website

nathaniel_d

Star Member
Jul 29, 2020
Thank you. I think this will be updated once cards are printed and dispatched. I have to wait to update my status as it only refers Decision Made. How much time will it taken from Decision Made to Final Decision
Cards Received. My son application returned due to photo requirements. I did not notice his teeth is visible. So, they asked to resubmit his application.