New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
28-08-2015
Passport Req..
15-01-2016
Received PR card in mail on November 5
Wow. You received it in 3 days of mailing. Is it regular Canada Post mail ? My card was mailed out on 3rd but I did not receive it yet (I live in Calgary). Waiting...

cocoduro

Star Member
Jun 19, 2014
Update from my local MP below.

Hello ********,

I was speaking with a representative from IRCC today regarding your application.

I was told that your application has been approved and that they are waiting for the photo to be verified and then added to the card.

However, he could not give me a timeline as to when that would be completed and the card sent out to you. He also mentioned that the processing times on the website are not currently accurate due to the recent shift of personnel to work on Afghanistan files and of course, the delays already in place to due covid.

I was also told that although you have tickets booked for November 19th, unless you can provide proof of needing to travel due to imminent death in the family, or to attend a funeral, there is no mechanism in place to expedite the processing of your PR card.

I am sorry that I do not have a more positive response for you.

Kind regards,

cocoduro

Star Member
Jun 19, 2014
My PR card renewal status is Decision Made since September 16. 8 weeks have passed already with no further update.
Anyone can advise what shall I do to expedite this. I have tried the web form but their response was completely irrelevant even though I said I have to travel.
I contacted my local MP however it did not help much other than letting me know what is going on.. I have just posted his reply above

Dukongo

Star Member
Jan 15, 2018
My first card has been mailed on Oct 25th and I am still waiting. I live in Downtown Toronto, and my VO was Etobicoke. Any idea what could be happening? Most people get the card within 5 business days after its mailed.

Allen rad

Oct 6, 2021
Hi my status says complete since oct29
And they sent my card same day but still not received yet
My resident home address is diffrent with my mailing address hopefully receive soon in my mailing address i provided on my application
Anyone can reply me how long should i wait to get pr card from post canada!

dcowboys

Star Member
Apr 17, 2019
Update from my local MP below.

Hello ********,

I was speaking with a representative from IRCC today regarding your application.

I was told that your application has been approved and that they are waiting for the photo to be verified and then added to the card.

However, he could not give me a timeline as to when that would be completed and the card sent out to you. He also mentioned that the processing times on the website are not currently accurate due to the recent shift of personnel to work on Afghanistan files and of course, the delays already in place to due covid.

I was also told that although you have tickets booked for November 19th, unless you can provide proof of needing to travel due to imminent death in the family, or to attend a funeral, there is no mechanism in place to expedite the processing of your PR card.

I am sorry that I do not have a more positive response for you.

Kind regards,
Such a waste. Any question to them comes back with we are dealing with Afghanistan. First it was Covid being used as an excuse when needing help. Now Afghanistan. I don’t deny things are important there but IRCC just seems to be full of excuses. Why have timelines on the website if they mean nothing. Just a waste. Took 2 years to get sponsorship approved now we in month 4 of PR card.

Reactions: Tp

mcgz

Star Member
Jul 14, 2020
The truth is, you can't rely on IRCC to expedite anything. There's always something happening, even pre-pandemic.

Just a little story as an example:

Back in 2015, I applied for urgent renewal. The card arrived by mail less than a month after I sent the application. The card came with my name misspelled so I applied for a fix following their instructions. Guess what, the fix took way longer than the card they initially sent and they even asked me to pick it up in person. I card that was previously issued (a couple weeks before) and only needed a quick fix.

My suggestion is: do not make plans if you need to rely on their timelines. unless it's something that you can prove it's urgent, better relax and wait.

btw, I'm also waiting for my card now and I know it's frustrating. hopefully, it's my last renewal before citizenship.

Reactions: Tp and Sunshine2021

sukhimicrobio

Dec 3, 2014
Windsor
Hi all,
Can someone inform me if application is submited under normal processing and then same applicant submit application under urgent processing, do I need to pay fees again?

I submiited the three application for PR card renewal in May 2021 and paid 150 CAD fees. I resubmitted my application for urgent processing with previously paid fees receipt only. My wife got her PR card and I also got mine under urgent processing. So, with 150 dollar fees two PR card renewed. For my son today I got application back saying incomplete application, no fees paid or missing payment. Is this my mistake or IRCC's?

If any senior member can guide me it will be great!
Thanks in advance!

Cool Canada

Jul 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO / Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
9/22/2014 according to ECAS 10/22/14
Nomination.....
DD 11/12/14
AOR Received.
PER 7/01/15.
IELTS Request
Sent with App
File Transfer...
03/02/2015 PROCESSING STARTED 08/04/2015
Med's Request
27/04/2015
Med's Done....
9/05/2015 TLU 15/05/2015
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
20/07/2015 Submitted to ADVO 22/07/2015
VISA ISSUED...
17/7/2015 (as per stamped visa) Valid till 10/5/2016 Passports recv. 13/08/2015
LANDED..........
will be in APRIL2016
What did you provide to ask for urgent processing?
Did you also give biomatrices with the application? Do you have kids in the application for renewal?

Sep 14, 2016
Wow. You received it in 3 days of mailing. Is it regular Canada Post mail ? My card was mailed out on 3rd but I did not receive it yet (I live in Calgary). Waiting...
It was by regular canada post. I live in GTA (Ontario). It shouldn't take that long for you as well. Maybe a day or two more. You will get it soon.