+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card (New/Renewal) Processing Timeline 2021

ajitpal001

Star Member
Sep 19, 2021
My situation is similar to you but when I contacted my MP office, everything on my application was good , no issue with pictures. I was asked by MP office to follow up after 3 weeks if I don’t hear from CIC. It’s 2 and half weeks already, there is no status change. I will have to contact MP office again. This is very annoying! My application was received May 14, DM since Sep 9.
mine same 10may application aor sep14 after one week DM THEN UNIL TO TODEY NO PR CARD I SEND 4 TIME WEB MASSAGES NO ANY ACTIVITY SAME REPLYING WE RE BUSY TO AFGNASITN SETUATION BLA BLA SOMETHING SAME ANSWER EVERYTIME IAM SO FLUSTED I DONT KNOW WHATS THE WAY

Reactions: Tp

Godsdaughter

Star Member
Nov 13, 2015
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on July 5, 2021.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on November 5, 2021.
  3. We started processing your application on November 5, 2021.
Status as of November 6: Decision Made

ms453

Star Member
Mar 9, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-2014
No not the MP but contacted the department and the standard response about resources diverted to helping the Afghans.
Try reaching out to the MP office

BadGamer6

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2019
Toronto
Hello

Can someone help me with my below query?

We are waiting for our citizenship oath which right now we have no idea when that would happen. Our file in ecas says decision made but that's for the citizenship file. GCMS notes indicate that citizenship has been granted and the candidate is oath-ready.

We sent our PR cards for renewal which was received by IRCC on August 9th ( based of Canada post signature) . I have not yet received an AOR for the PR card renewal .

My question is even if we have not taken oath since our citizenship is granted, would they NOT renew our PR cards.

We have booked our tickets to go back home on Dec 13th as the rates are already skyrocketing but now we are in a fix of whether we should cancel or change dates
Until you before a citizen, you remain as a PR. Unless your oath happens first, your PR card renewal will go ahead.

Reactions: titans8289

jonka5

Aug 17, 2021
Hi All,

Please what does Decision Made mean and how long till it's complete or I get the card?

Thanks.
hi. speaking from my experience: your new card is already approved and will be issued in the next couple of days. after that, it will be mailed to you within a week or less.

pgs

Feb 16, 2016
Hi, I got email saying that they have received my application and started application on sep 15, 2021. Still it is in process. Have not heard any thing after that. I am leaving canada after 2 weeks. Don't know what is going on. Anyone has any idea about it?

Thanks in the advance

fernandaontario

Star Member
Oct 20, 2021
Barrie
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Etobicoke
Hi, I got email saying that they have received my application and started application on sep 15, 2021. Still it is in process. Have not heard any thing after that. I am leaving canada after 2 weeks. Don't know what is going on. Anyone has any idea about it?

Thanks in the advance
Sorry, didnt fully understood. Are you waiting for PR CARD? Have you received your eCoPR?

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018

Thanks in the advance
Send them a webform with proofs of your travel if available.

fernandaontario

Star Member
Oct 20, 2021
Barrie
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Etobicoke
My situation is similar to you but when I contacted my MP office, everything on my application was good , no issue with pictures. I was asked by MP office to follow up after 3 weeks if I don’t hear from CIC. It’s 2 and half weeks already, there is no status change. I will have to contact MP office again. This is very annoying! My application was received May 14, DM since Sep 9.
Sorry, what do you mean with DM?

Sep 14, 2016
This thread was extremely helpful. Thank you everyone for sharing your experiences.

Sharing my timeline for information:
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on April 26, 2021.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on August 19, 2021.
  3. We started processing your application on August 19, 2021.
  4. Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on November 2, 2021.
I will share an update once I receive my PR card via mail.
Received PR card in mail on November 5

Reactions: Anya12

Cameron2020

Star Member
Nov 28, 2016
Hello all
I posted My PR renewal application on May 29
They received it on June 7
I received AOR on September 24
My status changed to DM on Oct 6
I received my PR card on Oct 21
It totally took less than 5 months.
Then do not worry they take it easier than before, but takes longer.
Wish you all the best.

Reactions: Hanataha and hio