+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card misplaced or lost, what can I do before go for oath?

superfellow

Star Member
Jun 18, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The last time I saw and possessed the card is at test and interview last week. I saw DM status on CIC website now, I just started to prepare the documents for attending ceremony and cannot find my card. It's so weird. I think it got misplaced or even lost. The schedule should be tight to apply for new card comparing the oath time, what can I do ?

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
superfellow said:
The last time I saw and possessed the card is at test and interview last week. I saw DM status on CIC website now, I just started to prepare the documents for attending ceremony and cannot find my card. It's so weird. I think it got misplaced or even lost. The schedule should be tight to apply for new card comparing the oath time, what can I do ?
They will want your PR card when you show up for oath. They need to destroy your PR card once you complete your oath and receive your certificate.

YNSAFDARI

Star Member
Feb 6, 2016
superfellow said:
Its a must you should try and find it somehow or else it would be a problem as they would need to PR card in the ceremony.

saria1

May 22, 2014
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 28, 2014
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
January 16, 2015
File Transfer...
January 23, 2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
October 27, 2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
None
VISA ISSUED...
June 17, 2015
LANDED..........
June 30, 2015
superfellow said:
I had this issue with my son, his card was in my wallet, which was stolen. CIC had me fill out the Solemn Declaration, promising to turn the card in, if it's ever returned to us.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/prcard-lost.asp

Reactions: cheerup