+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR CARD LOST/STOLEN...was about to apply for citizenship

aamer43

May 6, 2009
Hello Everyone,

I have a bad news to share, my wife's wallet was stolen today and she has lost all the IDs including PR Card, Driver's Licence, Care Card

Now we were going to apply early next month for citizenship and i have the photocopies of her PR Card and OLD Care Card (which isn't expired but it doesn't have a picture on it...the old BC care card).

I was wondering should i apply for the citizenship using the photocopies OR wait for the newels ?

Will her PR Card number remain the same or changed ?

Swede

Aug 18, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, England
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2009-10-27
File Transfer...
2009-11-12
Med's Done....
2009-08-11
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
2010-01-22
VISA ISSUED...
2010-01-20
LANDED..........
2010-03-05
To avoid complications, I'd wait for a new card if I were you.

The card number should be the same.

aamer43

May 6, 2009
Can anyone please tell me how to find ISSUE DATE OF PR CARD, it is not mentioned on the PR CARD at least.

I have to apply for a replacement PR CARD and on the application form they have asked for it.

Thanks

aamer43

May 6, 2009
If the expiry date is 15- 01- 2015, then issue date will be 15 - 01 - 2010 OR 14 - 01 - 2015 ?

Please clarify

EasyRider

Oct 12, 2008
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The first one. It's strange for CIC to ask this question since issue date is nowhere on a card and only way to assume it is to know that PR card is issued for 5 year period as a rule.

I don't think that precision of a date that is put in this field would make much sense anyway, you can call CIC call centre to confirm if feel unsure about it.

touché

Star Member
Jun 15, 2013
EasyRider said:
The first one. It's strange for CIC to ask this question since issue date is nowhere on a card and only way to assume it is to know that PR card is issued for 5 year period as a rule.

I don't think that precision of a date that is put in this field would make much sense anyway, you can call CIC call centre to confirm if feel unsure about it.
It's actually on the back of the card (at least on mine). Look at the numbers between the first two single angle brackets (< >)

aamer43

May 6, 2009
touché said:
It's actually on the back of the card (at least on mine). Look at the numbers between the first two single angle brackets (< >)
Dear touché,

Thank so much for sharing that....yes i was able to figure out the expiry date from those numbers in the bracket.

Just to share with everyone if expiry date is 2015-01-15 then issue date will be 2010-01-15.

It is so weird that they do not mention the issue date clearly like expiry date.

Woodex

Sep 19, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aamer43 said:
Hello Everyone,

I have a bad news to share, my wife's wallet was stolen today and she has lost all the IDs including PR Card, Driver's Licence, Care Card

Now we were going to apply early next month for citizenship and i have the photocopies of her PR Card and OLD Care Card (which isn't expired but it doesn't have a picture on it...the old BC care card).

I was wondering should i apply for the citizenship using the photocopies OR wait for the newels ?

Will her PR Card number remain the same or changed ?
Yes, apply with the copies because the new card will have less than 3 months date. To prevent unnecessary RQ, it is better to show you have the cards long. You can add police record for lost.