+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR CARD LOST/STOLEN 6 MONTHS PRIOR TO EXPIRY DATE

EDMONTONPHIL

Dec 29, 2012
Hi all...A background:

My wife's PR Card was place inside her wallet, and the said wallet was stolen by somebody else in her workplace. All her credit cards, bank cards, driver licence plus her PR Card were all gone. She is supposed to renew her PR Card on June,2013. What she did, she applied an application to the CIC requesting for the REPLACEMENT of her PR Card. I asked her to RENEW her PR Card rather than to request for replacement. But somebody advised her to request first for renewal and then, applied for renewal of her PR card right after she receives her replacement of her PR Card. She is waiting that her new PR card will be mailed to her anyday on the month of May,2013 or is it stilll possible that CIC might send her renewed PR Card since the month (June,2013) for renewal is fast approaching eventhough she request only for the replacement of her PR Card? Please advise.

Is there anybody who had the same situation with my wife?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It doesn't matter if it is a replacement or a renewal. She will still get a new PR card with around 5 years validity from the date it was issued.

If it was stolen, she should have filled out the declaration of lost and stolen card that is in the application form package and probably included a police report.