+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR card lost in the mail, how to apply for a new one

grapehair

Jan 14, 2017
Most likely the same issue here. I didn’t put down the unit number of my friends address and I believe my card was returned as were the other mails (card was approved and mailed on 12feb). I did a short landing in canada and not currently there. I’m split in between applying for a PRTD (takes a few months time in Pakistan as I’ve searched on this forum) or wait out the 6 weeks & sign a solemn declaration to get new cards with updated address.

mira_johnson

Sep 30, 2015
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
10-2017
LANDED..........
10-2017
Can someone please advice me whether it's OK to tell immigration to mail out a PR card to a c/o name to a Canadian address?
As it is a friend's address, mailing service might not recognise the name if there is not a c/o after the name of the PR card holder.
Anyone??

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Can someone please advice me whether it's OK to tell immigration to mail out a PR card to a c/o name to a Canadian address?
As it is a friend's address, mailing service might not recognise the name if there is not a c/o after the name of the PR card holder.
Anyone??
Do you really think the Canada Post employee cares that much? LOL. I still get mail addressed to previous residents even if they don't clearly match the names on the rest of the mail. They'll deliver it as long as the address matches.

mira_johnson

Sep 30, 2015
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
10-2017
LANDED..........
10-2017
Do you really think the Canada Post employee cares that much? LOL. I still get mail addressed to previous residents even if they don't clearly match the names on the rest of the mail. They'll deliver it as long as the address matches.
Happy to know! It's just that my previous experience my PR card did not arrive, I assume because of the mismatch in name. Given what a pain it has been to replace the PR card, I would prefer to be on the safe side. This particular address is an apartment complex and so I would think that they might also be checking with the name.