+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR CARD - Landing in Canada

duplexblue

Dec 3, 2012
Hi

We will land in Canada soon with Permanent resident visa, we have an address in Canada.

We will stay in Canada for 4 weeks and then return to Europe for 8 weeks to finalise the sale of our home

Q. Can I get our PR Card sent to my address in Canada and collect upon my retrun ?

Q. What happens when we depart leave canada after our 4 weeks stay ?

Q. Can we return without the PR Cards ?

Q. Do I need to get the PR Cards sent to me in Europe by FED EX / DHL ?

Appreciate your advice - Thank You

manianz47

Sep 15, 2008
Hi

We will land in Canada soon with Permanent resident visa, we have an address in Canada.
Hi
We will stay in Canada for 4 weeks and then return to Europe for 8 weeks to finalise the sale of our home

Q. Can I get our PR Card sent to my address in Canada and collect upon my retrun ?
Yes

Q. What happens when we depart leave canada after our 4 weeks stay ?
Nothing

Yes. You need Travel Documents

Q. Do I need to get the PR Cards sent to me in Europe by FED EX / DHL ?
Not sent outside Canada by CIC. Sent to valid Canadian address only

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
manianz47 said:
Yes. You need Travel Documents
No travel document will be needed for people holding visa exempted passport. Just the passport and COPR should be suffice.

duplexblue

Dec 3, 2012
Thank You Steaky,

If the PR Cards are posted mailed to a Canadian address, can I get my friend to send them
to me in Europe ?

Do CIC request applicants to collect PR cards or are they always posted by mail ?

lada

Oct 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
Sep 2011
Med's Done....
Oct 2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Feb 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 2012
LANDED..........
14 Aug 2012
duplexblue said:
Thank You Steaky,

If the PR Cards are posted mailed to a Canadian address, can I get my friend to send them
to me in Europe ?

Do CIC request applicants to collect PR cards or are they always posted by mail ?
CIC post PR cards to the address you've provided by mail. Your friend can send PR card for you but it is advised to avoid post it. Ask someone to bring it when he/she is traveling into your country.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
duplexblue said:
Sometimes as it happened to one poster recently, that the PRC form got returned saying the applicant needed to resent photos. In this case, you send your photo for processing and once it is ready, you might need to go to the local office for pick up.