+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card Issuance While Under Appeal Case

Earth2Mars

Star Member
Mar 13, 2017
Hi!

Making the whole story short,
I came to Canada as PR with my family but then had to leave with them. I was 9 when I left.
Later on in my life, I applied for the PRTD under H&C grounds. My application was rejected. I applied for an appeal and so I still keep my PR status until appeal is decided.

I entered Canada through land border and I was allowed to enter as PR with a date stamp on my passport. (documents: IMM1000, SIN Card, expired health card, appeal paper, IAD files).

Now that I am in Canada without a PR card and with an appeal case,

Can I apply for a PR card so I can use it in case I had to leave for family emergency and/or make things easier for those that need to see it?
I have read that I only get 1 year which is fine.
But is it possible that I get rejected/affect my PR status as I do not meet RO?

In case, i don't get the card or takes long months, will i have problems with banks, schools, or government?

I'm in Vancouver, appeal case in Montreal.

Thanks,

DavEd

Star Member
Mar 15, 2018
Hi!

Making the whole story short,
I came to Canada as PR with my family but then had to leave with them. I was 9 when I left.
Later on in my life, I applied for the PRTD under H&C grounds. My application was rejected. I applied for an appeal and so I still keep my PR status until appeal is decided.

I entered Canada through land border and I was allowed to enter as PR with a date stamp on my passport. (documents: IMM1000, SIN Card, expired health card, appeal paper, IAD files).

Now that I am in Canada without a PR card and with an appeal case,

Can I apply for a PR card so I can use it in case I had to leave for family emergency and/or make things easier for those that need to see it?
I have read that I only get 1 year which is fine.
But is it possible that I get rejected/affect my PR status as I do not meet RO?

In case, i don't get the card or takes long months, will i have problems with banks, schools, or government?

I'm in Vancouver, appeal case in Montreal.

Thanks,

Yes you will be issued a PR card... but the validity will be a 1 year validity period...

Refer to ENF 27 page 9
https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/resources/manuals/enf/enf27-eng.pdf

Earth2Mars

Star Member
Mar 13, 2017
Yes you will be issued a PR card... but the validity will be a 1 year validity period...

Refer to ENF 27 page 9
https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/resources/manuals/enf/enf27-eng.pdf
I see. Thanks.

Will I be applying for a new card, replaced card, or never received card application?
I never had a PR card, probably were sent to us but never picked it up.

I also have my SIN Card, I have heard that it's the old card, what is there to do regarding SIN Card?

Do I need to file taxes regardless since I am in Canada?

manish_canada

Aug 22, 2014
I see. Thanks.

Will I be applying for a new card, replaced card, or never received card application?
I never had a PR card, probably were sent to us but never picked it up.

I also have my SIN Card, I have heard that it's the old card, what is there to do regarding SIN Card?

Do I need to file taxes regardless since I am in Canada?
SIN number gets deactivated after 5 years of inactivity on it. You need to reactivate your SIN number.

Earth2Mars

Star Member
Mar 13, 2017
Do I need to file tax return even if I don't have income or property yet? Am I considered a resident of Canada?

How do I establish ties here, I'm already joining flight school.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Flight school is very expensive from what I've heard. Not sure how long the program is but if your appeal gets denied you will have to leave so I would look into the refund policy.