+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card in Alberta

Nia

Feb 2, 2013
Hi,

I with my family is going to land in Alberta as PR in May 2013 and this time
I am going to stay in Canada for the time period until I get my PR card.

My question is, once I land in Alberta, Canada How I apply for PR Card ? and how long it
takes to get the PR card?

Thanks

tahsinmohammad

Sep 1, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
Citizenship
Nia said:
Hi,

I with my family is going to land in Alberta as PR in May 2013 and this time
I am going to stay in Canada for the time period until I get my PR card.

My question is, once I land in Alberta, Canada How I apply for PR Card ? and how long it
takes to get the PR card?

Thanks
Please check the link below for the processing time of PR Cards...Immigration Officer will take down all the details and dont forget to provide them with address when landing and you will get the PR cards in the mail after the processing time at the given address...

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-card.asp

Nia

Feb 2, 2013
Thank you.
Just to clear myself, do I need to fill in the form to apply for PR Card or is it just Immigration Officer at the time of landing will take down all the information along with the mailing address and the PR cards will be mailed off?

on the website, it says 35 days for the New PR Cards, does that include mailing time?

Thanks

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
Nia said:
Thank you.
Just to clear myself, do I need to fill in the form to apply for PR Card or is it just Immigration Officer at the time of landing will take down all the information along with the mailing address and the PR cards will be mailed off?

on the website, it says 35 days for the New PR Cards, does that include mailing time?

Thanks
You don't need to fill out anything. During the landing process, the IO will ask for your address, and that's it. the PR cards will be mailed off.
It includes "mailing time" but of course it's not a precise science! it varies as well - a few months ago it was 55 days waiting time, now it's down to 35 days, but it might be up again when you land ( so don't book a flight based exactly on that timing, give a few weeks buffer if you are planning on leaving the country again).
Sweden

Nia

Feb 2, 2013
Is it possible that i will be asked to appear in person to collect PR Card ?as i am planning to stay in Canada for only 5 weeks and will return back home and my friend would forward the card to me overseas.