+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card holder currently residing outside Canada - Visiting issues

Stephen1

Dec 29, 2011
Hi Forum

I am a Canadian PR card holder (valid upto 2014), residing outside Canada due to personal reasons. My family is settled and living in Canada since last September.

I am hoping to visit them in a few weeks time. My first landing was in 2009 and every year since then I visited Canada for brief periods. I have not been employed in Canada.

I have the following queries.

1) At the time of entering Canada thro' Toronto airport, the immigration officials always ask the details such as : What is the purpose of your visit etc.
Last year(Sept 2011) I told them that I was going to settle down permanently.
It is true that my family settled down last year, but I had to return to where I am employed.

What's the best answer I could give them(to the question "What is the purpose of your visit?") to avoid prolongation of questions?

2) If I decide to be away upto 2014 when my PR card get expired, would it be possible for me to enter Canada anytime upto the last day of the expiry of the PR card? (My question is since I have not fulfilled the 730 days requirement to be within Canada to renew the PR status, will this be a problem to enter Canada in say 2013 and 2014?)

3) Is there a limit for carrying currency when I enter in a few weeks time?

I appreciate for your feedback

Regards

Stephen

Kasra

Sep 17, 2011
close to Munich
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2011
AOR Received.
Apr 2011
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
May 2012
Med's Done....
Jun 2012
Interview........
??
Passport Req..
??
VISA ISSUED...
??
LANDED..........
??
3) visit
http://www.cbsa.gc.ca/publications/pub/bsf5052-eng.html

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you keep visiting, at some point the immigration officers may say that at this point it is no longer possible for you to meet the residency requirements for your first 5 years as a PR and they could start proceedings to revoke your PR. However, in case you lose your PR, your wife could sponsor you again. In case you don't lose your PR and manage to enter with a still valid PR card, you may let it expire and stay in Canada for a full 2 years and then apply to renew as you will then meet the residency requirements again.