+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

pr card holder and still valid wants to return back to canada

masterppiz

Aug 11, 2022
hi everyone, I would like to know if I can still go back to Canada eventhough I stayed almost 2 years in my country? my pr is still valid until 2023 of October. what should I know to return to Canada if I go back? do I have to file something or bring any documents for a proof?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
hi everyone, I would like to know if I can still go back to Canada eventhough I stayed almost 2 years in my country? my pr is still valid until 2023 of October. what should I know to return to Canada if I go back? do I have to file something or bring any documents for a proof?
You can fly and arrive in Canada with the valid PR card. If you have been out of Canada more than 1095 days since your day of first landing (assuming you landed in 2018) or in the last five years from the day you arrive (if your PR status is more than five years), you are out of compliance with the RO. You may or may not get 'reported' for this at border, which starts process of revoking PR status; you can appeal that. Hint: if asked why it took you longer to come back, at least mention covid as an issue.

No one can tell you the chances but there is at least a certain amount of leniency, some would say far too much, plus more with covid.

Reactions: YVR123

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Your "PR" is valid until it's revoked.
You are talking about your PR card expiry date.

You can fly in with your PR card as long as it's before the expiry date.
As posted above, you may or may not be reported if you do not meet RO. But you will be allowed in regardless.