+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card - first time -Processing Timeline 2021- Montreal office

Elvisguo

Mar 13, 2021
They are saying that we have very less staff. You will get it soon.
OMG ok.... it is very frustrating... It really does not make sense how they process the card..
some people get it pretty quickly and some have to wait for a such long time...

Abhy1989

Sep 1, 2021
What did you try to contact with IRCC? What did they say?
Yes I managed to contact IRCC this morning. They said I just have to wait due to long processing times. No need to re-submit Photos again as Application seems fine. they just need to print it & mail it out.

splat_plume

Star Member
Jan 13, 2021
Finally. I don't even want to hear the word IRCC for the next couple of years.

Crp - 29 April
GU - 26 August (According to the agent, the card was sent for printing on this day)
Card Mailed - 14 Sep (took 3 weeks, most people have it mailed a week after printing)
Card received - 16 Sep
4.5 months for a piece of plastic...
(photos are scanned in Montreal but card is printed and mailed from Sydney)

Elvisguo

Mar 13, 2021
Yes I managed to contact IRCC this morning. They said I just have to wait due to long processing times. No need to re-submit Photos again as Application seems fine. they just need to print it & mail it out.
Thanks for the info. But the processing time was 128 days for now? Our wait time is much longer than this...

Eternalnes

Aug 7, 2021

Crp - 29 April
GU - 26 August (According to the agent, the card was sent for printing on this day)
Card Mailed - 14 Sep (took 3 weeks, most people have it mailed a week after printing)
Card received - 16 Sep
Congratulations!!
For what I understand our cards where sent for printing around the same time. I'm still waiting

Last edited:
Reactions: AndyGo

gurisekhon

Star Member
Aug 10, 2021

Crp - 29 April
Card received - 16 Sep
mine copr also on 29th April.i could not get any update

gurisekhon

Star Member
Aug 10, 2021
I remember you mentioned before that IRCC couldn't find your application when you contacted them. If I was you I would send a new application or maybe a solemn declaration
yeah i suppose to send someone suggested me to wait for this month now they are working on april applications

Elvisguo

Mar 13, 2021
Why some people sent their photo in May got their cards, how come some sent in Feb and March are still waiting? I have no clue how they process the application...

Eternalnes

Aug 7, 2021
Finally on Friday I was able to link my application. But today I received an email saying I need to retake photos as apparently the first ones I sent are too big. so it took 7 months for them to tell me? I mean really? When I called the 20th of August they said my card was sent to production/printing I understand this meant everything was correct and my photos ok. Idk what to do at this point