+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR card expiry and related to questions

canpak7860

Jul 8, 2010
Hello

My PR card was issued on February 25th 2008 ; I have stayed in Canada for only ten days. I was out of Canada for some personal issues. I am planning to re-enter Canada in April / May 2011.

I need advice from Senior Members regarding following:

1) Will I be granted an entry at airport or there will be implications?

2) In case I am able to get an entry, what will be my legal status in Canada after February 25th, 2011?

3) How I can get my PR card renewed after February 25th, 2011.

Looking forward for best advice

Thanks and have a nice day !!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
1) They will let you into Canada. However there's a chance they could report you. If this happens, you will be asked to appear before a judge at a later date who will assess if you have been in Canada for sufficient time to retain your PR status.

2) You will be a PR.

3) Wait until you have accumulated 2 years of physical residency in Canada out of the last 5 years and then apply to have your PR card renewed. Don't leave Canada (even for a few days) until you have accumulated the 2 years.

If I were in your shoes, I would return by the end of February. If you don't, you're placing your PR status in jeopardy.

canpak7860

Jul 8, 2010
Hi Scylla and Leon

Reference to your feedback, please help in clarifying that in case of delayed entry, will there be any issues while entering Canada at Airport? Is there any chance of being deported? Or shall I be granted entry and can I stay without implications till February 25th, 2013.
Please advise me that shall I need to enter Canada before February 25th or can I delay it till April or May 2011. I have some personal issues, and this extension can really help me in addressing those, but on the same time , I don’t want to have my PR at stake?

Thanks in advance !!

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canpak7860:

I think I could just copy Scylla's answer for you again because it was very good.

You ask: will there be any issues while entering Canada at Airport?

Scylla says: They will let you into Canada. However there's a chance they could report you.

You ask: Is there any chance of being deported? Or shall I be granted entry and can I stay without implications till February 25th, 2013.

Scylla says: If this happens, you will be asked to appear before a judge at a later date who will assess if you have been in Canada for sufficient time to retain your PR status.

I can add to that for you that if they find that you have lost your PR status and you have no H&C grounds for being outside Canada for so long, they will deport you.

You ask: Please advise me that shall I need to enter Canada before February 25th or can I delay it till April or May 2011. I have some personal issues, and this extension can really help me in addressing those, but on the same time , I don't want to have my PR at stake?

Scylla says: If I were in your shoes, I would return by the end of February. If you don't, you're placing your PR status in jeopardy.

I totally agree with that too. Do not take the unnecessary risk if you can help it.