N/R
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
19-08-2014
LANDED..........
16-09-2014
Hello,

I am waiting for my citizenship application to be completed (waiting for decision made and oath ceremony currently). My PR card is expiring next month (September). Unfortunately, I have to return to my country to attend a funeral for immediate family - am I able to travel this week (August) on my PR card which is expiring so soon (again, next month in September) without compromising my permanent residency or citizenship application? I will be back before the end of August - so PR card would still be valid upon return to Canada.

Not sure... because I am cutting it so close to expiry of PR Card that I am able to travel out of country and return without issue...(was just going to let it expire anyways because my citizenship application is not so far off from completion). Let me know my options, please?

Thank you,

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello,

I am waiting for my citizenship application to be completed (waiting for decision made and oath ceremony currently). My PR card is expiring next month (September). Unfortunately, I have to return to my country to attend a funeral for immediate family - am I able to travel this week (August) on my PR card which is expiring so soon (again, next month in September) without compromising my permanent residency or citizenship application? I will be back before the end of August - so PR card would still be valid upon return to Canada.

Not sure... because I am cutting it so close to expiry of PR Card that I am able to travel out of country and return without issue...(was just going to let it expire anyways because my citizenship application is not so far off from completion). Let me know my options, please?

Thank you,
You can travel.

Reactions: Marticus

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Hello,

Thank you,
1. As long as your PR is valid and you are meeting your RO, you will be fine to enter Canada.

Reactions: Marticus