+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pr card expired

Jonny007

Feb 10, 2018
Hello, my wife has a US passport. Her PR card expired last month. She started the renewal Nov 1, 2017. There was some issues so she has been fixing and send back. So at this point we are leaving next Friday to Cancun. Not going to have the new PR. My concern is the flights. Will we be ok leaving Calgary on WestJet? And leaving Cancun if she travels on the strength of her US passport will she be allowed on the plane? I know that CBSA will be an adventure but we have all the documents and proof of courier etc.

mpsqra

Champion Member
Jul 6, 2017
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Hello, my wife has a US passport. Her PR card expired last month. She started the renewal Nov 1, 2017. There was some issues so she has been fixing and send back. So at this point we are leaving next Friday to Cancun. Not going to have the new PR. My concern is the flights. Will we be ok leaving Calgary on WestJet? And leaving Cancun if she travels on the strength of her US passport will she be allowed on the plane? I know that CBSA will be an adventure but we have all the documents and proof of courier etc.
call 1 888 242 2100

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
A PR card is not required to exit Canada and as you've said, she can travel back to Canada on the strength of her passport; she should not mention her PR status to the airline.

CBSA shouldn't be an "adventure". Wih the expired card and the renewal app, she should be fine.

Reactions: Jonny007