+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pr card expired need help/advice

Pitaklan

Mar 21, 2024
Toronto
Hi everyone just need help/advice
I have forgotten to renew our pr cards and now they are all expired.
My PR card validity was from (2017-2022 and only absence is 52 days) and this is the 2nd time I have renewed my pr card. I have been resident since 2011. It has expired since 2022 (2years ago)
My wife pr card validity was from (2014-2019 only absense 101days) she has been resident since 2014. It expired 2019 (4years ago).

since 2017 we never left the country and we are inside canada. Can we renew our cards without any question or problem? Or can we just apply for citizenship? Which is better?

Last edited:

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
since 2017 we never left the country and we are inside canada. Can we renew our cards without any question or problem? Or can we just apply for citizenship? Which is better?
You can do both. I'd say having both is better. The PR card might be done quickly, and having the PR card recently renewed might help with citizenship as they'll have recently checked phsyical presence. But the main advantage is in case they wish to travel in near term.

Citizenship: takes longer but advantage is once they're done, they'll never have to deal with any of that residence stuff again.

Reactions: Pitaklan

Pitaklan

Mar 21, 2024
Toronto
You can do both. I'd say having both is better. The PR card might be done quickly, and having the PR card recently renewed might help with citizenship as they'll have recently checked phsyical presence. But the main advantage is in case they wish to travel in near term.

Citizenship: takes longer but advantage is once they're done, they'll never have to deal with any of that residence stuff again.
Thank you so much i prefer the permanent solution. At the moment we can wait for the result