+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pr card expired for a long time

mikejones88

Mar 22, 2013
am finally applying for my Canadian citizenship after being landed from 2001. I have never travelled outside the country. My pr card expired in 2008 and I never renewed it.can I apply for my citizenship with the expired card or should I renew it first? Also can I use my highschool diploma for my proof of language?

justmeinyyc

Jan 21, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm not 100% sure on the proof of language requirement as I applied before that came into effect.

My PR card and passport have both expired, I called CIC twice and they confirmed each time that they do not have to be renewed
prior to citizenship. I don't plan on travelling while I'm "in process" so it's not an issue. The only thing I have applied for is a copy of my landing papers as they are a required document and I misplaced mine years ago.

Good luck!

White Bear

Nov 19, 2012
You can apply for citizenship with an expired pr like it was suggested above. Few people reported getting an RQ and suggesting that it is due to the expired passport.
My 2 cents: renew both the pr and passport after u apply for citizenship.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you went to an English or French speaking high school, your diploma should be accepted. See http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/citizenship/language.asp for the requirements.

isabela

Star Member
May 14, 2011
hello every one....so my transcript or diploma from university is enough as my proof of language? im form philippines........thanks

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
isabela said:
hello every one....so my transcript or diploma from university is enough as my proof of language? im form philippines........thanks
Yes, if your course was in English.

isabela

Star Member
May 14, 2011
LEON....its english bec when i got my assestment in IQUAS....thye accepted it...thanks for the help........appreciated so much

nick81

Nov 22, 2013
English assessment

-Hi,

I have recently become eligible to apply for Canadian Citizenship but I am not sure where should I go for English assessment which has become one of requirements now. I am from Winnipeg.

If there is anyone who knows I would greatly appreciate it.

Nick

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: English assessment

nick81 said:
-Hi,

I have recently become eligible to apply for Canadian Citizenship but I am not sure where should I go for English assessment which has become one of requirements now. I am from Winnipeg.

If there is anyone who knows I would greatly appreciate it.

Nick
The cheapest option would be CELPIP General LS. You can find test dates in Winnipeg here: http://www.celpiptest.ca/registration-information/test-dates-and-locations/celpipherzing-college-manitoba/

If you prefer IELTS, you can look here: http://ielts.org//test_centre_search/search_results.aspx?TestCentreSearchSubRegion=1bf79e95-5c2b-4f30-8b4a-2b511695231a If you take IELTS, you must take the General training option, not Academic.