+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card expired and working in Canada

Discussion in 'Canadian Labour Legislation' started by Sasa101, Apr 4, 2018.

  1. Hello,

    My permanent resident card expired recently and I was offered a government job, would the expiry on my card ruin my chances of vetting hired? Can I get a letter from CIC to prove to my future employer that I do not require it? Thank you for the help
  2. Your PR card can expire but your PR status doesn't.
    As long as you have a permanent SIN assigned, you are good. The only issue with employment is that if your new job require you to travel OUTSIDE of Canada, you will have problem coming back. (without a valid PR card)

Share This Page