+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR card Dispatch Query

D_karthik1225

May 29, 2020
Hi Guys,

My Permanent Residence Approved on May 26th 2020 and i did courier my COPR documentation and Photos as provided mailing address instructions given to us in the COPR document and i mailed them by end of the month 29th May 2020.
Its been 3 months still i haven't received my PR card or any further information from IRCC. Does anybody got there PR card or not. If any one received when did you received and what else have you got with PR card i mean like any further documentation to be done or not.

My PR card Application Processing Address
IRCC Winnipeg-PR Landing photo
Unit 400-269 Main street
Winnipeg,MB,R3C1B2.

Thanks

Last edited:

jetzhou

Mar 24, 2020
It takes me a month to dispatch my PR card. I send out in late July and just received today (card dispatched like 4 business days ago). PR application office is in Hamilton, but the card is somehow sent by the Sydney office.

PoonamMane

Dec 13, 2020
Hello, have you received your PR card yet? I sent my photograph to the Winnipeg office in June 05, It is almost 6 months and I have no answer from them.

Thank you
I have similar case. Winnipeg office is too slow compared to other locations. Waiting for PR card since 6 months. Need to travel soon due to family situation

PoonamMane

Dec 13, 2020
No I didn't get any update. Called IRCC many times still no luck.
I am going to travel soon and will apply PRTD

seetharam

Dec 17, 2020
When inquired about PRTD with an immigration attorney back in November, I was advised not to travel outside of Canada without PR card at this point in time. As the embassies are closed, we will not be getting travel document as we expect. Just adding an info here.

PoonamMane

Dec 13, 2020
When inquired about PRTD with an immigration attorney back in November, I was advised not to travel outside of Canada without PR card at this point in time. As the embassies are closed, we will not be getting travel document as we expect. Just adding an info here.
Yeah my lawyer said same thing as many people are waiting for PRTD too. I have a situation where I can't wait for PR card now. Some people got PRTD in a month.
Cheked with IRCC they advised to go for PRTD

seetharam

Dec 17, 2020
Yeah my lawyer said same thing as many people are waiting for PRTD too. I have a situation where I can't wait for PR card now. Some people got PRTD in a month.
Cheked with IRCC they advised to go for PRTD
Yup, similar situations. May be you can post updates about PRTD experience here! Will help many.

oktoberchyld

Feb 23, 2021
I have been a long time follower of this forum but created my account first time today to help you all.

I was in a similar situation. After waiting for 7 months and no response, I re-sent my photos and a letter explaining the situation to the same office (IRCC-Winnipeg PR landing photos). And voila, next day my PR card application got approved and after 3 days got my PR card in hand!

Surprisingly the card came from the Nova scotia office and has the photo that I sent last week (not the original one).

So go ahead and resend your photos to the same office where you sent originally and remind them that its been more than 6 months!

My guess is that they lost our applications/photos due to the Covid situation.

Reactions: sbliss

sbliss

Aug 29, 2019
I have been a long time follower of this forum but created my account first time today to help you all.

I was in a similar situation. After waiting for 7 months and no response, I re-sent my photos and a letter explaining the situation to the same office (IRCC-Winnipeg PR landing photos). And voila, next day my PR card application got approved and after 3 days got my PR card in hand!

Surprisingly the card came from the Nova scotia office and has the photo that I sent last week (not the original one).

So go ahead and resend your photos to the same office where you sent originally and remind them that its been more than 6 months!

My guess is that they lost our applications/photos due to the Covid situation.

Hi @oktoberchyld, first of all thanks for sharing this, much appreciated. I was also thinking to do the same thing because I sent my COPR and photographs to Winnipeg office on October 16, 2020 and no response after.

If you don't mind asking then I have some questions.

1. Did you send the same photo that you used last time or took new photographs and sent to them for the 2nd time.
2. You mentioned to "remind them that its been more than 6 months" but where I can write this note. On top of envelope or on the COPR letter.

Please respond. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

oktoberchyld

Feb 23, 2021
Hi @oktoberchyld, first of all thanks for sharing this, much appreciated. I was also thinking to do the same thing because I sent my COPR and photographs to Winnipeg office on October 16, 2020 and no response after.

If you don't mind asking then I have some questions.

1. Did you send the same photo that you used last time or took new photographs and sent to them for the 2nd time.
2. You mentioned to "remind them that its been more than 6 months" but where I can write this note. On top of envelope or on the COPR letter.

Please respond. Thanks in advance.
Hi, sorry for the delayed response.

1. I sent new photographs and I noticed that the PR card carried the new photograph as well.
2. I wrote a letter and put that in the same envelope along with the new photos and a copy of the COPR letter.

Hope it helps!