+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR card delay, travel booked.

RobbieGee

May 29, 2015
Hoping for some advice or direction.

My wife is in Indonesia awaiting her PR visa and in a couple weeks we will be beyond expected processing times.

I plan to visit her in a couple weeks and return with her July 1st. The tickets are booked. it was the only time I could get off work and it is very important to her that I enter with her. I don't really want to and can't afford to reschedule flights at this point.

We are worried her visa will not arrive on time, without going on and on, the office in Hong Kong have been a challenge. They "lost" or refused to acknowledge receipt her COC sent from HK police and caused a delay and continue to record her mailing address in Indonesia incorrectly. Hard to trust them but they told her at her interview she should have the visa in time for July 1

What can i do?

Can she apply for a visitors visa while we wait for her PC card to arrive?

Land without PR card on July 1st?

any suggestions?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Your question is a bit confusing. I think your wife is waiting for the PR visa - not the PR card. The PR card isn't generated until after someone comes to Canada, "lands" with their PR visa and becomes a permanent resident officially. If your wife hasn't done this yet - then she's not waiting for her PR card - she is waiting for her PR visa that will allow her to come to Canada and become a permanent resident.

To answer your question, there's really nothing you can do but wait for the PR visa to be issued. There's no way to speed up the process and it's generally wise to wait until you actually have the PR visa in hand before purchasing plane tickets. But what's done is done.

If her PR visa hasn't arrived by July 1st and you still want her to come to Canada, then you would have to apply for a visitor visa very soon so that there's some chance the visitor visa will be processed by July 1st (note that there's no guarantee the visitor visa will be approved).

RobbieGee

May 29, 2015
I knew i was taking a risk by purchasing the tickets early, given the circumstances and my wifes irrational wishes it was my best option. I got a great price on return tickets conveniently that kept us on the same flights and could reschedule hers for a fee if needed but she is adamant on traveling here with me and I must return July1.

thanks

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Have you already sent her passport for PR visa stamping? If so, she would need the same passport for visitor visa stamping (unless she is a dual citizen and has two passport)!

RobbieGee

May 29, 2015
She was only required to send a copy of her passport valid more then 24 months.

This was something that caused some issues as well. In the application it states only that the passport should be valid 2 years from date the application is submitted which it was in September. At her interview April 20 they told her it needed to be valid 2 years from date of visa issue. She was working in Hong Kong at the time and her consulate would not renew her passport there unless she had a contract to work there for 2 years, she had to leave her job ASAP to go home to renew her passport.

there were a couple things that application said were one way that turned out to be another way.
Another being needing a COC from everywhere she had lived since she turned 18. The application only said in where she had lived in the past 10 years.

So we apply for Singapore COC, they said it will take 4 weeks but it took 6 and they were supposed to send it directly to the consulate but sent it to her in Hong Kong, luckily she received it 2 days before she left HK.

HK police sent the COC by registered mail April 10, then on April 20 at her interview and May 7 by email the consulate tells us they have not recieved it. got HK police to then send letter and certified copy to them

We have 3 times told them they have the address wrong and they still have not corrected it, sent a letter to her by post that never arrived,

just a bit frustrating as we have done everything possible as soon as possible but the consulate keeps sticking things up their butts