+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR CARD DELAY - TEST OF PATIENCE / STRING FOR RECENTLY LANDED IMMIGRANTS .

Oct 19, 2012
Hi LEON (Your comments and help will be appreciated from all readers)
Guys, Gals, & Landed immigrants

I landed in Toronto 2nd week of August 2012 and finished with achieving the basic short term objectives in 30 days of time starting from SIN CARD to Getting the 1st cheque of Child Tax Benefits, The short term objectives I completed include applying for PR CARD, Obtaining SIN CRAD, applying HEALTH CARD, obtaining G1 LICENSE , applying & obtaining CHILD TAX BENEFITS cheque, opening BANK ACCOUNT, obtaining CREDIT CARD ETC. Everything went very quick smooth and very much on time.

I am very anxiously waiting for the PR card at the moment. The information posted on the CIC website is that first card is issued in 4-6 weeks of time after the application is filled at the point of entry at the time of landing. When I did not received the PR card in 4-6 weeks time it was quite unusual and surprising for me.

I further explored the CIC web and found as Last updated by CIC on October 17, 2012 That new PR applications are being Processed in 64 calendar days (This time applies if we have provided a mailing address in Canada) it was also updated that “If you live inside Canada and if it has been longer than the time shown above since you applied, please contact the Call Centre.

While browsing another Section of Service standards of CIC I found that the commitment of CIC is aim to process 80% of Initial Permanent Resident Card applications within the service standards of 60 days.CIC ability to achieve these goals could only be affected by factors such as changes in CIC operations or factors beyond departmental control such as incomplete applications, or the need for additional information. For example, an application may take longer than the service standard if it was submitted without all of the required documents. Please note that all of CIC standards are calculated in calendar days.

While going through the forum postings I also noticed that there are different strings created by forum members who are landed immigrants and waiting for the PR cards at the moment. If we evaluate their applications against the above reflected parameters of 4-6 weeks/64 Colander days/ Two Months service standards of CIC it is quite un understandable why such delays are happening.

In my case I have tried to call the CIC call center for update on my PR card in the light of instructions posted on the CIC web that we may call CIC if its more than 64 calendar days and we are living in Canada but despite my uncounted efforts I am unable to reach the call center agent. I always keep playing with my phone press 1, press 2, further press 1, press 3 , press zero ultimately call is always disconnected with a message “ At the moment all the agents are busy we cannot transfer your call to an agent, remember our least busy days are Thursday and Friday please try later” When you try on these least busy days again same message.

In the light of above facts please comment:

1: How reliable is the information on the CIC website?

2:Why PR Cards are not been processed within the CIC given time frames?

3:What is the other appropriate way to get updated info on the matter if we are unable to talk to the call service agents as explained in the above
situaton?

4: Where/whom we can complain against CIC and How? And is it appropriate and worth to record our feed back?

5: Last but not the least What’s your advise to the forum members in this case?

I also request, appreciate and encourage the forum members to share their personal experiences and updates (When they are landed, any contact established with CIC office on PR card delay issue, any info/letter received from CIC related to the PR card matter etc ) on PR Cards if they are sailing in the same boat and facing the same situation.

Good Luck….

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Test Of Patience said:
Hi LEON (Your comments and help will be appreciated from all readers)
Guys, Gals, & Landed immigrants

I landed in Toronto 2nd week of August 2012 and finished with achieving the basic short term objectives in 30 days of time starting from SIN CARD to Getting the 1st cheque of Child Tax Benefits, The short term objectives I completed include applying for PR CARD, Obtaining SIN CRAD, applying HEALTH CARD, obtaining G1 LICENSE , applying & obtaining CHILD TAX BENEFITS cheque, opening BANK ACCOUNT, obtaining CREDIT CARD ETC. Everything went very quick smooth and very much on time.

I am very anxiously waiting for the PR card at the moment. The information posted on the CIC website is that first card is issued in 4-6 weeks of time after the application is filled at the point of entry at the time of landing. When I did not received the PR card in 4-6 weeks time it was quite unusual and surprising for me.

I further explored the CIC web and found as Last updated by CIC on October 17, 2012 That new PR applications are being Processed in 64 calendar days (This time applies if we have provided a mailing address in Canada) it was also updated that “If you live inside Canada and if it has been longer than the time shown above since you applied, please contact the Call Centre.

While browsing another Section of Service standards of CIC I found that the commitment of CIC is aim to process 80% of Initial Permanent Resident Card applications within the service standards of 60 days.CIC ability to achieve these goals could only be affected by factors such as changes in CIC operations or factors beyond departmental control such as incomplete applications, or the need for additional information. For example, an application may take longer than the service standard if it was submitted without all of the required documents. Please note that all of CIC standards are calculated in calendar days.

While going through the forum postings I also noticed that there are different strings created by forum members who are landed immigrants and waiting for the PR cards at the moment. If we evaluate their applications against the above reflected parameters of 4-6 weeks/64 Colander days/ Two Months service standards of CIC it is quite un understandable why such delays are happening.

In my case I have tried to call the CIC call center for update on my PR card in the light of instructions posted on the CIC web that we may call CIC if its more than 64 calendar days and we are living in Canada but despite my uncounted efforts I am unable to reach the call center agent. I always keep playing with my phone press 1, press 2, further press 1, press 3 , press zero ultimately call is always disconnected with a message “ At the moment all the agents are busy we cannot transfer your call to an agent, remember our least busy days are Thursday and Friday please try later” When you try on these least busy days again same message.

In the light of above facts please comment:

1: How reliable is the information on the CIC website?

2:Why PR Cards are not been processed within the CIC given time frames?

3:What is the other appropriate way to get updated info on the matter if we are unable to talk to the call service agents as explained in the above
situaton?

4: Where/whom we can complain against CIC and How? And is it appropriate and worth to record our feed back?

5: Last but not the least What's your advise to the forum members in this case?

I also request, appreciate and encourage the forum members to share their personal experiences and updates (When they are landed, any contact established with CIC office on PR card delay issue, any info/letter received from CIC related to the PR card matter etc ) on PR Cards if they are sailing in the same boat and facing the same situation.

Good Luck....
\

1. Bin here 2 months and the complaints start.
2. If you look at the processing times here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-card.asp 64 calendar days + mailing time for initial PR card.
3. 64 days haven't passed since you landed give it another week or so.

eejazmalik

Oct 6, 2012
Hi every one

I have received my 5 PR cards after exactly after 69 days. One is awaited i am expecting this in couple of days in mail. We must appriciate the CIC they are upto the mark as promised on web 64 days + mailing time if everything is in order..WELLDONE CIC.

Cheers.

forax

Star Member
Jun 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-08-2011
AOR Received.
PER ON 28-11-2011
IELTS Request
SENT WITH DOCUMENTS
Med's Request
8-02-2012
Med's Done....
21-02-2012
Passport Req..
8-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
7-MAY-2012
how much time it takes after application to get the first child benefit tax cheque?

farid-

Apr 19, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just like to share little piece of info. All of u are absolutley right about patience test I m on the same boat however it's 64 business days for initial pr which means weekends n holidays will not be included tht's why it's longer then 64 days.

farid-

Apr 19, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tney changed it to calender days recently as I am keeping a close eye I m checking it every week so tht might be the reason

goud

Mar 7, 2008
Just an update::: ( if this helps anyone)

My wife PR Card Renewal update
We received your application for a permanent resident card on August XX, 2012.

We started processing your application on October XX, 2012.

Your request for a permanent resident card was approved on November X, 2012. You will be notified by mail within four weeks and invited to pick up your card at the CIC office closest to you.

Natasha007

Dec 3, 2012
Hi there.
I landed Toronto on 10th Oct and still waiting for my PR cards, when are they going to come? is there anyway i can contact nova scotia off by e mail to find out if my cards are ready or any other way i can find out thru online check
pls let me know
thanks
pls help me with thr e mail id

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Natasha007 said:
Hi there.
I landed Toronto on 10th Oct and still waiting for my PR cards, when are they going to come? is there anyway i can contact nova scotia off by e mail to find out if my cards are ready or any other way i can find out thru online check
pls let me know
thanks
pls help me with thr e mail id
What is the difficulty. Count 61 days from the date you landed. Add 5 days for mail service. Should arrive about Dec. 16th.