+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR card as ID proof

sangpll2009

Star Member
Jun 16, 2018
How safe is it to send the PR card copy as an ID proof in a rental application? I have seen a room, whose owner is requesting the documents if I am interested in taking the place, but there isn't a rental application or anything he can provide. He has asked to send across the ID proof, bank statements and references as an email and if approved will sign a contract. Is it safe to send our PR card copy as such? The only other ID proof I have is COPR and passport.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
How safe is it to send the PR card copy as an ID proof in a rental application? I have seen a room, whose owner is requesting the documents if I am interested in taking the place, but there isn't a rental application or anything he can provide. He has asked to send across the ID proof, bank statements and references as an email and if approved will sign a contract. Is it safe to send our PR card copy as such? The only other ID proof I have is COPR and passport.
Personally would not rent something without seeing it or send my personal information to a random person on the internet but what the person is requesting is a very normal request. You’ll need to decide whether you’re willing to give a stranger all that information and hope they are who they say they are.

Reactions: sangpll2009