+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card as a requirement for Citizenship application

DJD20

Nov 17, 2016
Hi,

My name on my PR card is missing the last letter of my middle name, which is in the Given name field. It is not an administrative error but a system limitation and that it only accepts up to a certain number of characters for the name. Would there be an issue if I submitted my PR card as a requirement?

Also, is it okay if I do not use my PR Card as one of the proof of identification as I am worried that they may raise questions about the name missing the last letter?

Thanks!

tracey321

Star Member
Nov 19, 2017
Hi,

My name on my PR card is missing the last letter of my middle name, which is in the Given name field. It is not an administrative error but a system limitation and that it only accepts up to a certain number of characters for the name. Would there be an issue if I submitted my PR card as a requirement?

Also, is it okay if I do not use my PR Card as one of the proof of identification as I am worried that they may raise questions about the name missing the last letter?

Thanks!
the required identification is a passport
,driver's licence, or provincial id I heard of others using the PR card as a primary Identification and their application was returned you need to send a copy but other government issued identification must be submitted

Last edited:

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Hi,

Thanks!
A PR card is not acceptable for identification purposes in a citizenship application anyway. Use other government issued ID, such as drivers license, health card etc.

Reactions: DJD20