+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card Application

michibong

May 5, 2018
Hi All
I have recently got my PR card. They rejected both my wife and son's photos but due to some ridiculously disconnected and inefficient process they sent the notifications in different ways. For my wife they sent an email so the very next weekend we drove to Windsor (we live in Detroit, MI), got photos taken and sent it. For my son, for some inexplicable reason they decided to send a snail mail. I had provided a friend's address in Vancouver for PR card delivery. He got my card, my son's photo rejection letter separately (he thought both letters have card) and sent me through courier. By the time I got that package it's almost 20 days and it will be hard for me to get new photos and get it delivered in 30 days as mentioned in the mail.

My question is how important is getting a PR card for my son? He is a US citizen. Can we apply for his card when we relocate? Is there a deadline for applying PR card after becoming PR? Is separate PR application a long and cumbersome process? My son is about one year old. How soon he actually needs a PR card?

Can I get some views please?