+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR card application rejected due to photo submitted do not met the required specification

Eki Tyagi

Nov 19, 2018
Hi, I have got an email stating to resubmit the photographs. Also in the email it was mentioned that if the new photos(02) were not submitted within 30 days, my PR Card Application will be considered cancelled.

So due to some reason i am unable to send my photos within that period of time.

Now my concern on this issue is will my PR status be active or not?
(I believe only our PR Card Application will be cancelled and not the Permanent Resident status.)

And how should i go about it? I have no clue now where to start from? Is there any way to sort out this problem? Does anyone know what next to be done!!!!

I tried to contact the CIC call center couple of times everyday, but all the time we get the same automated answer saying all the agents are busy and we can try again after some time.

Last edited:

paint.thinner

Star Member
Jan 16, 2015
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2014
Nomination.....
November 2014
AOR Received.
January 2015
Med's Request
November 2015
Med's Done....
November 2015
Passport Req..
December 2015
VISA ISSUED...
December 2015
i am able
Do you mean you are not able to submit the photographs within the mentioned time period?

Hi, I have got an email stating to resubmit the photographs. Also in the email it was mentioned that if the new photos(02) were not submitted within 30 days, my PR Card Application will be considered cancelled.

So due to some reason i am able to send my photos within that period of time.

Now my concern on this issue is will my PR status be active or not?
(I believe only our PR Card Application will be cancelled and not the Permanent Resident status.)

And how should i go about it? I have no clue now where to start from? Is there any way to sort out this problem? Does anyone know what next to be done!!!!

I tried to contact the CIC call center couple of times everyday, but all the time we get the same automated answer saying all the agents are busy and we can try again after some time.
What do you mean by PR Card Application? Are you a landed Canadian Permanent Resident already? Do you live in Canada? Did you apply for a replacement PR Card? Or are you talking about your PR application general?

In any case, if you are not able to submit your photographs by the mentioned time period, you should let them know the reason why you are not able to. Try using the webform

Eki Tyagi

Nov 19, 2018
Do you mean you are not able to submit the photographs within the mentioned time period?

What do you mean by PR Card Application? Are you a landed Canadian Permanent Resident already? Do you live in Canada? Did you apply for a replacement PR Card? Or are you talking about your PR application general?

In any case, if you are not able to submit your photographs by the mentioned time period, you should let them know the reason why you are not able to. Try using the webform[/QUOTE

-> What do you mean by PR Card Application? - Applied for a "Permanent Resident Card".

-> Are you a landed Canadian Permanent Resident already? - Yes and i was waiting for my PR card.

-> Do you live in Canada? - Not right now but planning in near future.

-> Did you apply for a replacement PR Card? - No, i was expecting my pr card to be delivered on given relatives address(within the canada) however i skipped email stating that the submitted photos does not meet the required specification. your PR card will not be issued without a compliant/acceptable photos (02) within 30 days of time. If not then your application for a PR card will be considered cancelled.

-> Or are you talking about your PR application general?In any case, if you are not able to submit your photographs by the mentioned time period, you should let them know the reason why you are not able to- How??? unable to contact them!!!

paint.thinner

Star Member
Jan 16, 2015
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2014
Nomination.....
November 2014
AOR Received.
January 2015
Med's Request
November 2015
Med's Done....
November 2015
Passport Req..
December 2015
VISA ISSUED...
December 2015
So you landed as a permanent resident and left Canada before the PR card was mailed to you. Then they emailed you for new photographs and you missed that email and now you suddenly notice that email and realize you are so close to the deadline. Don't worry about your permanent resident status yet. I believe since you have landed (and have your copy of the stamped COPR?!?), you are ok even if you don't have the PR card yet. I believe when you landed in Canada, you applied for the PR card at the port and if you don't submit the photographs within the time period, your PR card application may be cancelled. You may have to reapply for the card. No need to worry about your PR status. I am not sure though - this is what I feel.

What you need to do right now is let them know that you missed that email by accident and that you will send the photographs over as soon as possible (specify a date if you can by which you can deliver the photographs). Try using the webform: https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx