+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card Application Missing - PGP landed at Toronto Pearson - June 17 , 2022

vsu

Star Member
Oct 1, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Experts,

My parents landed on June 17 , 2022 at Toronto Pearson Airport on a PR for PGP category. They received a stamped COPR from the border services officer. Today is 123rd day after landing and their PR cards have not been issued. When they called up IRCC , they were told that the COPR was not properly validated at the Airport and therefore PR Card Application was not created and therefore PR card printing was never processed. When asked for a remedy , they asked for a webform to be submitted. The webform was submitted on Sep 19 2022 with scanned copy of sealed COPR and so far no information or follow up was received on the submitted webforms. The IRCC agents have not been very cooperative and have told my father that you are helpless and this how our system works and you have no further remedy and have to simply wait for eternity for your web form to be respond too. Do i have any further options to help my parents ? Is anyone else in the same situation as my parents ?

Thanks and Regards,
Vsu

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Dear Experts,

My parents landed on June 17 , 2022 at Toronto Pearson Airport on a PR for PGP category. They received a stamped COPR from the border services officer. Today is 123rd day after landing and their PR cards have not been issued. When they called up IRCC , they were told that the COPR was not properly validated at the Airport and therefore PR Card Application was not created and therefore PR card printing was never processed. When asked for a remedy , they asked for a webform to be submitted. The webform was submitted on Sep 19 2022 with scanned copy of sealed COPR and so far no information or follow up was received on the submitted webforms. The IRCC agents have not been very cooperative and have told my father that you are helpless and this how our system works and you have no further remedy and have to simply wait for eternity for your web form to be respond too. Do i have any further options to help my parents ? Is anyone else in the same situation as my parents ?

Thanks and Regards,
Vsu
Try your MP's office, emphasize that main issue is understanding what next steps because not clear what you are to do.

Reactions: vsu

vsu

Star Member
Oct 1, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Try your MP's office, emphasize that main issue is understanding what next steps because not clear what you are to do.
It’s been almost a month since I contacted MP’s office.. IRCC is waiting for CBSA to confirm that landing was completed.. not sure how many such landings in Toronto Pearson went unaccounted for this year..

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
It’s been almost a month since I contacted MP’s office.. IRCC is waiting for CBSA to confirm that landing was completed.. not sure how many such landings in Toronto Pearson went unaccounted for this year..
Othersimilar cases have been resolved by heading back to the airport and finding CBSA to have them fix it. But I seem to recall your parents went on from Pearson to another province.

Reactions: vsu

vsu

Star Member
Oct 1, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Othersimilar cases have been resolved by heading back to the airport and finding CBSA to have them fix it. But I seem to recall your parents went on from Pearson to another province.
Dear Sir.. Thank you for your valuable advice.. we contacted CBSA and now the landing has been confirmed and completed as per CBSA and IRCC. Thanks a lot.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Dear Sir.. Thank you for your valuable advice.. we contacted CBSA and now the landing has been confirmed and completed as per CBSA and IRCC. Thanks a lot.
congratulations. Were you able to do this by phone or did they have to physically go somewhere? To the airport? (To help others in future)

vsu

Star Member
Oct 1, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
We sent web form using the CBSA website - Complaint / Compliment and our MP’s office also followed up with CBSA and IRCC. May be if we had physically gone to Pearson it would have been quicker.