+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card Application for R-1 PRTD Holders

algdantes

Star Member
Sep 7, 2016
Hi, was just wondering if there's anyone out there who had some experience applying for a PR Card right after arriving with an R-1 PRTD. If I'd need any documents or if I can apply right away at all.

Reactions: jignesh72

HassanS

Jun 5, 2013
Hi, was just wondering if there's anyone out there who had some experience applying for a PR Card right after arriving with an R-1 PRTD. If I'd need any documents or if I can apply right away at all.
did you ? and what was your experience, please share !

algdantes

Star Member
Sep 7, 2016
Hi, I did receice my renewed PR card around 3 months after arriving in Canada using my R-1 PRTD. I passed my application to the card processing centre and received a letter asking me to pick up my card 60 or so days after application. Just be completely honest with your application, tell them you applied through H&C, be patient, and you'll be fine

mahtab54

Feb 3, 2015
Hi, I did receice my renewed PR card around 3 months after arriving in Canada using my R-1 PRTD. I passed my application to the card processing centre and received a letter asking me to pick up my card 60 or so days after application. Just be completely honest with your application, tell them you applied through H&C, be patient, and you'll be fine
Thank you for sharing your experience.

zootster

Oct 29, 2019
Hi @algdantes Thanks again for sharing. My wife was granted the same PRTD. What form did you submit for the application as the PR application form does not take