+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR can study once he arrive Canada with help of government?

noha9999

Star Member
Aug 21, 2018
hi,

I am Canadaian citizen.
living this while out side of Canada.

Once I come back to Canada with my spouse ( and once he got the PR ). can the government of Canada help him to study in college or university ? I mean to pay for him for studying or even paying part of the money?

thanks a lot.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
hi,

I am Canadaian citizen.
living this while out side of Canada.

Once I come back to Canada with my spouse ( and once he got the PR ). can the government of Canada help him to study in college or university ? I mean to pay for him for studying or even paying part of the money?

thanks a lot.
The support that is provided is in the form of student loans. You can qualify for a student loan to cover some or all of the costs of your studies. However you will have to repay this loan later once you have completed your studies.

Reactions: noha9999

BC4life

Nov 5, 2015
Toronto, ON
Visa Office......
HKVO
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
06-10-2016
AOR Received.
07-12-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
19-12-2016
Passport Req..
28-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
09-03-2017
LANDED..........
XX-07-2017
As a PR, he will also qualify for grants, based on your household previous year income. Grants are loans are meant to cover tuition and part of living expenses. It is not like you are being paid to go to school The loan will need to be paid back monthly, starting six months after graduation.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Given that you have 2 young children and don't work your husband should probably focus on gaining employment first. To qualify for spousal sponsorship you an your husband will have to show how you will survive in Canada without seeking welfare.

noha9999

Star Member
Aug 21, 2018
Given that you have 2 young children and don't work your husband should probably focus on gaining employment first. To qualify for spousal sponsorship you an your husband will have to show how you will survive in Canada without seeking welfare.
We can survive in Canada ( by working and studying ) even we do not have any thing..as many many immigrants who were able to work and study as well.. who were able to give beautiful examples of buildings them selves from Zero ! what ever the age is !!..

the good news it is (( Not impossible))!
we will be proud of our selves by giving good examples to others by working and studying In our case.

I am just looking for ( Not impossible ) way !! and that is it !!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I wouldn't anticipate the grants being around or being as generous under the Ford government. Many of people on this forum are partially living off savings if they return to school. Many also shouldn't qualify for large grants based on their previous year's salary and savings. Many immigrants and Canadians have gone back to school part-time while both working full-time to provide for their children. It is definitely not easy but can be done.

Reactions: Copingwithlife

noha9999

Star Member
Aug 21, 2018
Ok. thanks any way.

Without looking ( studying by help of government or whatever...)..

any body know or have idea, if my spouse can study something in Canada. ( study something for good future in his case...) any suggestions what he can study? or what steps for his start to start?

if his case hard to study in university ( because he needs a lot of money for university and needs high Marks in school...) any suggestions for his study ..as good courses ?
as I know some colleges can offer course for a few months for good certificate to help finding good job in future?

Please excuse my English. it is not very well ..thank you .