+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR approved while outside Canada, what documents should I use to re-enter?

brianw1111

Jun 9, 2022
Hello all,

I submitted a PR application last November and received an email yesterday to say it has finally been approved. I had to leave Canada in December as I had a family emergency, and am now located in Europe caring for a family member. I was on implied status when I left, meaning I don't have a valid work permit to use to re-enter.

They've asked me via email for my current location and then they sent me this response:

"Good morning,

Kindly reply once you have returned to Canada for further processing of your application with revised information below details."

Does anyone know what I am supposed to do here? I'm reading about applying for a PRTD in order to re-enter the country but not sure if that's correct. I also haven't been issued a COPR as of yet.

Much appreciate any advice that anyone here can offer.
Thanks

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello all,

I submitted a PR application last November and received an email yesterday to say it has finally been approved. I had to leave Canada in December as I had a family emergency, and am now located in Europe caring for a family member. I was on implied status when I left, meaning I don't have a valid work permit to use to re-enter.

They've asked me via email for my current location and then they sent me this response:

"Good morning,

Kindly reply once you have returned to Canada for further processing of your application with revised information below details."

Does anyone know what I am supposed to do here? I'm reading about applying for a PRTD in order to re-enter the country but not sure if that's correct. I also haven't been issued a COPR as of yet.

Much appreciate any advice that anyone here can offer.
Thanks
Based on the email it seems as through you haven’t received PR yet. The email is asking to confirm when you return to Canada to the. Initiate the virtual landing. You lost implied status when you left Canada.

brianw1111

Jun 9, 2022
Based on the email it seems as through you haven’t received PR yet. The email is asking to confirm when you return to Canada to the. Initiate the virtual landing. You lost implied status when you left Canada.
Hi canuck78,

I guessed as much too. I seem to be stuck in a loop here. On one hand, I can't proceed with the landing portal because I am outside the country, yet I have no documentation that would allow me to enter as my implied status has finished. Do you have any advice for someone in my situation?

Thank you

Hummingbird89

Mar 18, 2023
Toronto
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
Hi canuck78,

I guessed as much too. I seem to be stuck in a loop here. On one hand, I can't proceed with the landing portal because I am outside the country, yet I have no documentation that would allow me to enter as my implied status has finished. Do you have any advice for someone in my situation?

Thank you
Hi canuck78,

Thank you
You shouldn't have told them you left. Did you even do your landing ceremony yet? Try emailing and ask them for your prearrival paperwork to secure your landing. What they are trying to do for you is to book your landing appointment in Canada but you're not allowed in. Get a visitor visa if all else fails.

brianw1111

Jun 9, 2022
You shouldn't have told them you left. Did you even do your landing ceremony yet? Try emailing and ask them for your prearrival paperwork to secure your landing. What they are trying to do for you is to book your landing appointment in Canada but you're not allowed in. Get a visitor visa if all else fails.
I'll likely be applying for a PRTD I think. Lying to them about my location wasn't really an option, they'd figure it out eventually.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I'll likely be applying for a PRTD I think. Lying to them about my location wasn't really an option, they'd figure it out eventually.
You need a TRV. You only qualify for a PRTD once you are a PR.

Reactions: canuck78

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Lying to immigration is never a good idea and can lead to its own set of problems. Before IRCC started verifying that people were still I. Canada people ended up stuck abroad since they had done virtual landing but didn’t have PR card. In some locations wait times for PRTD were quite long. They have gotten better but can take over a month.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi canuck78,

Thank you
Do you have a valid TRV? Implied status doesn’t matter what matters is whether you still have a valid TRV.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I thought he reached out to immigration on his own accord without their requesting info. I wouldn't have mentioned anything. When I did my citizenship, I was out of the country for four months but returned with like 9 months left on my processing. I wouldn't have left without means of returning though so there's that.
Well technically you were required to keep updating your address. Just because it didn’t impact you doesn’t mean others shouldn’t do it.