+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Approval > COPR > PR card

mlj1992

Star Member
Feb 25, 2020
How do you link your PR card application to cic?
I read in another thread that you can go to your CIC account and click on the ‘link existing application’ section and search by your UCI and place of birth. Once IRCC have entered your PR card application into their system, you should be able to find the application that way and link it to your CIC account so you can see updates when they have approved your photo, sent it for printing, etc.

Reactions: tinu28111987

kiwissima

Sep 17, 2018
I read in another thread that you can go to your CIC account and click on the ‘link existing application’ section and search by your UCI and place of birth. Once IRCC have entered your PR card application into their system, you should be able to find the application that way and link it to your CIC account so you can see updates when they have approved your photo, sent it for printing, etc.
Can I monitor the progress on my or card without linking it to any account? I had a representative

tinu28111987

Nov 1, 2017
Awesome, thank you
Let me know once you are able to link it
I'm not able to do so, probably because it's too early since I sent my photo on Saturday

St.Cun

Dec 18, 2019
Hi, in my gckey account I got DM and approved on April 12. I have COPR numbers for whole family but no downloads available from the website. Reading through canada.ca it's kind of hard to understand what to do next. The last info that I see there and looking at your conversation seems like I just have to play another wait game :) Just correct me if I am wrong.
Within a week or two I will receive either email with COPR pdf and will be guided to send pictures , or a paper mail with same guide. After sending pictures wait begins, and game ends when PR card received. Or there are more steps in between.
Thank you

nwapapa

Star Member
Feb 27, 2021
Hi, in my gckey account I got DM and approved on April 12. I have COPR numbers for whole family but no downloads available from the website. Reading through canada.ca it's kind of hard to understand what to do next. The last info that I see there and looking at your conversation seems like I just have to play another wait game :) Just correct me if I am wrong.
Within a week or two I will receive either email with COPR pdf and will be guided to send pictures , or a paper mail with same guide. After sending pictures wait begins, and game ends when PR card received. Or there are more steps in between.
Thank you
Congratulation. what is your timeline?

Do you applied under spousal sponsorship? are you inland or outland

St.Cun

Dec 18, 2019
Congratulation. what is your timeline?

Do you applied under spousal sponsorship? are you inland or outland
Thank you
OINP Inland
AR December 19th 2019
AOR February 12
Biometrics request February 12
PAL July 14
Medical request January 2021
Medical passed March 2021
Status changed to approved April 13

Reactions: nwapapa

tinu28111987

Nov 1, 2017
Thank you
First of all
Congratulations

Yes, you are right
The wait games starts again
You have to WAIT for copr PDF to be delivered in your e-mail
Then you have to send photo for PR card and WAIT for the card to be delivered
:)

Reactions: St.Cun

tinu28111987

Nov 1, 2017
Hi Guys,
I got my COPR in March, I sent photos to apply for PR card
Then, I travelled to India and stuck here. My PRTD is approved but since VFS is closed, can't get the stamping done.
My question is, if PR card is mailed in my Canada address, can I ask someone to courier me the card so that I can travel once the ban is lifted?

IRCCExpress

Star Member
Jan 31, 2020
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
03-03-2020
Med's Done....
10-03-2020
Hi Guys,
Then, I travelled to India and stuck here. My PRTD is approved but since VFS is closed, can't get the stamping done.
My question is, if PR card is mailed in my Canada address, can I ask someone to courier me the card so that I can travel once the ban is lifted?
I do not think it is a good idea to send someone PR card. However it is not passport, but you can get in trouble.

• Sad

canadiangirl88

Star Member
May 2, 2020
Hello!
• DM- May 12
• Email with instructions for PR Confirmation portal- June 2

we haven’t received any approval, shouldn’t approval have come first before this email with “PR Confirmation Portal” instructions?

neiljosh

Star Member
Jan 5, 2019
Hi Guys,
Yes, you absolutely can. This question has been asked in multiple forums too many times. This is a very common practice done by Outland candidates that do a 'soft landing'. There is no rule that you cannot do so. The only risk you have is courier getting lost in mail, so use a good company.

tinu28111987

Nov 1, 2017
Yes, you absolutely can. This question has been asked in multiple forums too many times. This is a very common practice done by Outland candidates that do a 'soft landing'. There is no rule that you cannot do so. The only risk you have is courier getting lost in mail, so use a good company.
Thank you