+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR application

TheNorms

Dec 21, 2017
Canada
hi all

I’ve submitted our PR application over a week ago under the Atlantic immigration pilot program to Sydney Nova Scotia. As of yet I’ve not received anything from them to confirm receipt of our application. Can someone tell me how long they had to wait to get confirmation they had the application. The courier company say it’s been delivered.

GTV

May 4, 2018
Hi
I got my endorsement and referral letter on 5 feb 2018. I have sent the documents for PR today on 4 may 2018.
Somebody told me that u should apply for work permit also. I am not sure about it because I want to go only after getting PR. Moreover I have heard that work visa rejection rates are too high for people who are already working.
I am confused whether I should apply for TMP or shall I wait for my PR. The validity for applying for both was 6 months only. I still have time.

TheNorms

Dec 21, 2017
Canada
Hi
I got my endorsement and referral letter on 5 feb 2018. I have sent the documents for PR today on 4 may 2018.
Somebody told me that u should apply for work permit also. I am not sure about it because I want to go only after getting PR. Moreover I have heard that work visa rejection rates are too high for people who are already working.
I am confused whether I should apply for TMP or shall I wait for my PR. The validity for applying for both was 6 months only. I still have time.
I am from the U.K., and the processing time for my work permit was 7 weeks. As soon as it came through I traveled straight over to Canada as my employer needed me over. I guess it depends where you’re from as the processing time for a WP in some places is so long you would get your PR before a WP is processed.