+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR application

the_joe

Mar 14, 2013
Hello all,
Forgive me if this has been covered ad nauseum already. I'm terrible with forum search functions.
I aim to land in Victoria, BC at the end of the month. Do I print out the PR app on the CIC website or is there a hard copy for use at customs already?

Thanks,
Joe

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
What do you mean by 'the PR app'. The application to apply for permanent residency? The PR card application? Something else?

amira_mais

Aug 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The PR card will be mailed to you at a Canadian address after you land. There's no application form for this. The customs officer will ask you to verify your Canadian address so that the card is mailed to the right place.

PRCR

Jan 4, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
the_joe all you just need is an address here in Canada once you land and your PR card will be mailed to you

gagan_grover

Apr 10, 2013
Hello-
The 5 year cycle to retain our Canadian PR status kick started on January 1, 2012. Though we (me and my wife) got our PR cards, but we haven’t started physically staying in Canada yet. We are still working in US on an H1B visa for our respective US employers.
My wife works for a reputed IT company who has offices all across the globe. Though it’s primarily a US corporation, but they do have a fully owned subsidiary registered in Canada. If my wife is employed by the Canadian subsidiary company (i.e. salaried employee through a Canadian firm) and is further deputed to work in US on a full time project, then does the time spent in US will count towards the required minimum two years of stay in Canada? Please advise!

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gagan_grover said:
Hello-
The 5 year cycle to retain our Canadian PR status kick started on January 1, 2012. Though we (me and my wife) got our PR cards, but we haven't started physically staying in Canada yet. We are still working in US on an H1B visa for our respective US employers.
My wife works for a reputed IT company who has offices all across the globe. Though it's primarily a US corporation, but they do have a fully owned subsidiary registered in Canada. If my wife is employed by the Canadian subsidiary company (i.e. salaried employee through a Canadian firm) and is further deputed to work in US on a full time project, then does the time spent in US will count towards the required minimum two years of stay in Canada? Please advise!
Immigration does not like when people do that. A PR who is living and working in Canada and whose employer transfers him to an outside office should not be punished so if you want to claim Canadian employer, there are certain criteria the company has to fulfill to be considered a Canadian employer and they may also look into if you were already working for this Canadian company in Canada before being transferred to the US. If that is fulfilled, then yes, your days working for this company in the US will count towards your PR residency requirements.

It is not enough just for the company to transfer you on paper to the Canadian branch so you can continue working in the US.