+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR application withdrawal and Refund

ashub

May 1, 2012
Hi all,

My PR application was approved last year and immigration visa was stamped. My immigration visa is expiring on 20th June 2015. I have decided not to land as i have received my US GC.

I would like to withdraw PR application and apply for fees refund. Please can some one help me with the CIC process to withdraw application and get refund.

Thanks in advance.

Dhudson

Star Member
May 20, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
00-00-2011
Med's Request
00-00-2015
Passport Req..
00-00-2015
LANDED..........
25-08-2015
ashub said:
Hi all,

My PR application was approved last year and immigration visa was stamped. My immigration visa is expiring on 20th June 2015. I have decided not to land as i have received my US GC.

I would like to withdraw PR application and apply for fees refund. Please can some one help me with the CIC process to withdraw application and get refund.

Thanks in advance.
If you (or your sponsor) paid the fee in Canada

If you or your sponsor paid the fee in Canada, you do not have to request the refund. You will receive it by mail. CIC expects to begin issuing refunds within a few weeks of the effective date and to have issued the majority of them within one year.

If you have moved since you paid the Right of Permanent Residence Fee, you can use our Online services to notify us of your new address. If you do not have a permanent address, or if you have trouble using our online service, please contact the CIC Call Centre at 1 888 242-2100 (only in Canada). There is no charge for this call.

If you paid the fee in another country

If you paid the Right of Permanent Residence Fee in another country before 12:00 a.m. EDT on May 3, 2006, and you have not yet received a visa, you can request a refund from the CIC mission where you paid the fee. If you do not request a refund, you will receive one when your visa is issued.

If you paid the Right of Permanent Residence Fee in another country, and you have received your visa but you have not yet become a permanent resident of Canada as of 12:00 a.m. EDT on May 3, 2006, you can request a refund by completing the necessary form after you become a permanent resident of Canada.

If you have not received a refund before you become a permanent resident, you will be given information on how to request one when you arrive in Canada.

Here is FAQ about that : cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/resid-fee/faq.asp

The best way to phone them by CIC Call Centre at 1 888 242-2100 (only in Canada)

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
The only fee you are entitled to receive back is the RPRF. The rest of the fees are gone because they processed your application fully.

You need to contact the office that processed your visa application in order to initiate the refund process.