+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR application with family in other provinces

Ezenria80

Jan 21, 2018
I am inprocess of my application for PR right now. Me and my brother was nominated in the province of Manitoba. He is now a permanent resident and I have just applied or sent my documents at IRCC. my brother is planning to transfer in other province soon, my question is, does his transfer to other provinces affects my PR application?

APPNOV2014NY

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2014
I am inprocess of my application for PR right now. Me and my brother was nominated in the province of Manitoba. He is now a permanent resident and I have just applied or sent my documents at IRCC. my brother is planning to transfer in other province soon, my question is, does his transfer to other provinces affects my PR application?
It does not unless you are being sponsored by your brother.

Ezenria80

Jan 21, 2018
Thank you for your message! I was uneasy about this one because it my co workers said to me that many of the same situation here took them 5years before they got their PR for some of the relatives is in other or transferred to different provinces.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thank you for your message! I was uneasy about this one because it my co workers said to me that many of the same situation here took them 5years before they got their PR for some of the relatives is in other or transferred to different provinces.
They moved to Manitoba thanks to a family member. Part of that program penalizes the sponsoring person if the person being sponsored moves to another province. If you qualified to move to Manitoba on your own based on your skills an education that is a different immigration program.

Reactions: APPNOV2014NY