+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR application - Spouse to confirm physical presence in Canada

jjj230718

Jul 18, 2023
Hello,

I am the main applicant - my spouse is outside Canada. But at the time I submit the application, my spouse was in Canada visiting me but just after 1-2 days he went back and stay outside Canada until now.
I have already received email asking me to confirm my physical presence in Canada and received PR portal to upload photos & address,

However one day an IRCC officer called me and asked for my spouse physical presence in Canada - she said our PR application is now put on hold until my spouse and I confirm physical presence together in Canada. I am worried if this would affect our PR application as we haven't received the COPR yet- now I just got the PR portal.

Has anyone experienced such situation?

Thank you.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hello,

I am the main applicant - my spouse is outside Canada. But at the time I submit the application, my spouse was in Canada visiting me but just after 1-2 days he went back and stay outside Canada until now.
I have already received email asking me to confirm my physical presence in Canada and received PR portal to upload photos & address,

However one day an IRCC officer called me and asked for my spouse physical presence in Canada - she said our PR application is now put on hold until my spouse and I confirm physical presence together in Canada. I am worried if this would affect our PR application as we haven't received the COPR yet- now I just got the PR portal.

Thank you.
It would probably help if you explained whether your spouse is going to return to Canada soon or not.

Because that's very relevant to answering any question about your spouse's ... phsyical presence in Canada.

jjj230718

Jul 18, 2023
It would probably help if you explained whether your spouse is going to return to Canada soon or not.

Because that's very relevant to answering any question about your spouse's ... phsyical presence in Canada.
Thanks so much for your reply! During the phone call, I've let the officer know that my spouse will likely arrive Canada after 3-4 months. So the officer basically said they will request my spouse to do the police certificate again if my spouse after more than 6 months of the issue date of police certificate. And if my spouse arrive Canada after >1 years, also medical exam will need to re-do. Nothing else.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Thanks so much for your reply! During the phone call, I've let the officer know that my spouse will likely arrive Canada after 3-4 months. So the officer basically said they will request my spouse to do the police certificate again if my spouse after more than 6 months of the issue date of police certificate. And if my spouse arrive Canada after >1 years, also medical exam will need to re-do. Nothing else.
It's up to you to decide how you wish to proceed. It sounds like they have paused both of your apps. Perhaps would make more sense to have him return, do the procedures, and both be PRs and not have to redo all this later.

If it were me I would be concerned about waiting further.

There may be other options such as you proceeding without him and sponsoring him again later, although greater epxense obviously.

jjj230718

Jul 18, 2023
It's up to you to decide how you wish to proceed. It sounds like they have paused both of your apps. Perhaps would make more sense to have him return, do the procedures, and both be PRs and not have to redo all this later.

If it were me I would be concerned about waiting further.

There may be other options such as you proceeding without him and sponsoring him again later, although greater epxense obviously.
My spouse would enter Canada by end of this year so I think the best is to have him return and let IRCC know. I wouldn't mind the delay but just hope it wouldn't affect both of our PR final decision.
Since I've received the email for confirming physical presence & PR portal, would you think that it's almost a done deal?
Thanks again for the reply, really appreciated it,

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
My spouse would enter Canada by end of this year so I think the best is to have him return and let IRCC know. I wouldn't mind the delay but just hope it wouldn't affect both of our PR final decision.
Since I've received the email for confirming physical presence & PR portal, would you think that it's almost a done deal?
Thanks again for the reply, really appreciated it,
It is basically a done deal, at least as far as I can tell. I would suggest seeing if you can be landed virtually (i.e. you advise you are here) and have your spouse issued the passport request (plus visa/copr) abroad. I can only suggest you call IRCC to inquire. There is honestly no reason to wait, and if you get landed, that is done and you have more options later.

For example: there is the question of medicals and other aspects and I don't know if he can wait another six months (ie. what if the medical expires).

jjj230718

Jul 18, 2023
It is basically a done deal, at least as far as I can tell. I would suggest seeing if you can be landed virtually (i.e. you advise you are here) and have your spouse issued the passport request (plus visa/copr) abroad. I can only suggest you call IRCC to inquire. There is honestly no reason to wait, and if you get landed, that is done and you have more options later.

For example: there is the question of medicals and other aspects and I don't know if he can wait another six months (ie. what if the medical expires).
Totally got what you said. I've actually asked the IRCC officer during the phone call if they could just do passport request for my spouse & I do the virtual landing, but the officer said no - because my spouse was in Canada during the moment we submit PR application. I really want to ask but also worried because I already got a verbal no from the officer.

jjj230718

Jul 18, 2023
Totally got what you said. I've actually asked the IRCC officer during the phone call if they could just do passport request for my spouse & I do the virtual landing, but the officer said no - because my spouse was in Canada during the moment we submit PR application. I really want to ask but also worried because I already got a verbal no from the officer.
Also during that phone call I've asked the officer - does it mean once my spouse has arrived Canada & both of us will get COPR & PR cards altogether and she said yes - but still it's a verbal yes so there's nothing I could chase.

Really thanks so much for your replies and I really appreciate it.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I'd keep asking around - but I honeslty don't know the answer.

If not, again I'd give thought to having your spouse return to Canada for a bit and then can travel freely as a PR. But up to you.

samahuj1994

Apr 27, 2020
Hello,

Thank you.
When did you send the email confirming status of PA inside Canada?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Did you apply for inland sponsorship and how long has your spouse been out of Canada? If you applied for inland sponsorship and your spouse has been out of Canada for months then the application can be denied. One of the requirements to apply inland is to remain in Canada. You mentioned that IRCC had put the application on hold until your could show your wife’s location (assume during the sponsorship period). Impossible to know whether this is to determine whether they will refuse the application because he applied inland and left Canada or whether she will be lucky and even though she applied inland she could still get approved when she returns to Canada. Impossible to know and partially depends on if you applied inland and how long she has been out of Canada.

Komalika

Dec 22, 2023
Hi i m spouse and my wife is main applicant and she is not in canada i got confirmation email of physical presences in canada and she will come after 2 month please can any body tell what will happen next.